• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To change the TOC icons for books and pages

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2006 Nov 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the TOC icons for books and pages.
How I do this?

Thank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the skin you're using, which will launch the WebHelp Skin Editor. Enter the images you want use in the Images panel of the Navigation tab.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dvarzoni

I see Leon answered you for WebHelp output. But I notice you never actually specified the output you are producing. So just in case you are creating something other than WebHelp (perhaps HTML Help?) you will do this a substantially different way for the compiled .CHM world. For that world, you do it as follows:

Right click the TOC object you wish to change the icon for and choose Properties from the context menu
Click the Advanced... tab
Select the desired icon from the Image drop down

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2006 Nov 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am using webhelp, but a traditional form (without a skin -- it's for a government application and the suggestion was not to use one), how do I change these TOC icons? Probably a simple answer, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Christine and welcome to our community

Even in traditional WebHelp output, these are simple images. I just created a non-skinned output to check. I'm using X5 and in this version you should be able to find the following images:

* Closed book should be: whd_toc1.gif
* Open book should be: whd_toc2.gif
* Page should be: whd_toc3.gif

So if you want to influence changes to these, you would find them in your output folder and simply replace (using the same file name) with the image(s) of your choice.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp