• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wht do I have to install acrobat every day?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to watch a video I have to re-install Acrobat/Flash player meaning I have to shut down IE.  It's a real pain and I'd like some guidance to what I need to do to overcome the issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be receiving a prompt to update Flash Player, but certainly not from Acrobat or Adobe Reader whenever you're trying to watch a video. 

I would suggest you download the latest version of Flash Player from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Once you've downloaded it, during the installation process, you can set the option to automatically download and install the latest Flash Player version in the background.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, Thanks for the quick reply.  I've done as you've advised, but I've tried various different links to flash player in the past and I still have to download it every day (the link you sent me is the same one that the BBC website sends me to).  I think the issues is that Flash player is not saving itself to my computer when I download and hense I have to download it every day. Thanks Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Sounds like starting from scratch with Flash Player might be the best option.  Could you uninstall Flash Player via the steps outlined here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Once complete, restart your computer.  Download and install Flash Player again from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I'm also curious, what happens when you try another browser such as Firefox or Chrome?  Do you get the same behavior?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing as an Administrator user?

Can you try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

To install Flash Player, download the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Test if Flash Player is installed and working: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, My computer isn't set up for multi users, and the main user does have administritive rights, so yes I am installing as an adminstrator.  Thanks for your help here.  I'll try the clean install (I have tried this once before, but there's no harm in doing it again) and I'll report back to how succesfull it is.Thanks again Andy

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data (by sending the forum notification message with all headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, Thanks again for your support here, but unfortunately I've tried a clean install (uninstall then re-install) I've checked the scripting is OK (it was) and I've tried Mozilla Firefox and it has the same problem on that browser but I still have to install Flash (for example on teh BBC site when I try and watch any video playback it shows the message "I'm sorry you need Flash for this content to work. Please download the latest version" with the last sentence a hyperlink to the Adobe website). Andy

Re: Wht do I have to install acrobat every day?

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data (by sending the forum notification message with all headers back to the forum).

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think it is time that you told us what your operating system is.

If it is Windows, tell us what files you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

In Firefox, if you type  about:plugins  in the address bar, do you see Shockwave Flash listed, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, Wow that was quick. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. And I'll need you to hang fire for a moment as since posting my last post I've tried the clean install again and found that I have problems uninstalling 'FlashInstall.log' and install.log' in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (this didn't happen the first time). I'm now running the Registry Booster prior to running the download unlocker. I'll report back whence finished.ThanksAndy

Ok, I think it is time that you told us what your operating system is. If it is Windows, tell us what files you have inC:\Windows\system32\Macromed\FlashC:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash In Firefox, if you type about:plugins in the address bar, do you see Shockwave Flash listed, and is it enabled?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, After completing a clean install again (and removing the 2 files from C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash) I've re-installed Flash and then re-booted my machine only to have the same issue again (I have to re-install Flash after every start up). I'm running Windows Viast Premium Home SP2.Andy

Ok, I think it is time that you told us what your operating system is. If it is Windows, tell us what files you have inC:\Windows\system32\Macromed\FlashC:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash In Firefox, if you type about:plugins in the address bar, do you see Shockwave Flash listed, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines