• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Player window doesn't appear in radioio

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I listen to streaming music on radioio but the streaming player window no longer displays any info or controls.  I've tried full flash uninstall and reinstall including earlier versions, used different browsers but nothing helps.  Radioio tech says it's a flash issue and I'm the only one he's aware of with the problem, which has persisted a couple of months now.  The ads run in flash and appear just fine, but not the player controls.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, including enabling and disabling different versions of flash in the plug-ins window of the latter.  The radioio desktop player also shows no player controls or info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to http://www.radioio.com/ and selected a channel; music began to play immediately.  It took me a while to locate this on the top right of the page

radioio.PNG

You don't get this?

P.S. you mention "ads" - I don't see any on that site...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I get the background wallpaper in that window, as below, which shows that flash is working to some degree.  But as you can see none of the text or the controls appear.  There are onscreen advertisments with images and motion that run in flash, such as the scion one shown, plus another at the top of the screen (which I cropped out in this screenshot).  I've had the same thing happen in each of the browsers I've tried and with various versions of flash.

radioio player.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this on any browser, including Waterfox.

I don't know what is causing this; all I can recommend is a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Another thing you could try is the Flash Player 11.4 beta http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying.  I already did a clean install but will try it again.  I'll see if installing flash 10.3 gets the radioio desktop app to work (the player in the browser just said flash was out of date when I rolled back to 10.3 yesterday).  I'll give the beta a try also and may even try Chromium to see if the manual flash installation it requires helps at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clean install with flash 10.3 didn't work, for the desktop app or the browser player.  Another clean install with 11.4 beta didn't work.  One thing I've noticed is that clicking the background/wallpaper where the player controls should appear refreshes the advertisements on the rest of the screen, but still no music or controls.  Not sure if Chromium is worth a try at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines