• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates Not Changing?

Guide ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two separate templates that seem to not reflect the changes made in either the Admin or DW.

The website still reflects the old template without the changes, however, both the Admin and DW show the correct version of the template. I have attempted to click Update in the admin to see if changes would be reflected and that does not work.

I am seeing this only on pages and I noticed it a few days ago before the most recent server maintenance on the NJ Server. It is not happening on the pages itself only on templates. This error reminds of a similar error that was happening when the server cache was not updating the pages correctly or in a timely fashion. (If I remember the problem correctly.)

Are others seeing this issue?

Note: I have cleared cache in two browsers and both still show the old template. I would link to pages here but one is in a secure zone and the other page is not a public page. Also I have opened a case on this issue which contains more information. (#0183505321)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for submitting that case, Lynda. Our support team will investigate this for you and get back to you on the issue as long as you have provided the relevant info, such as URL, template names, screenshots of what you're seeing etc.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this was the response I received from BC Support:

Thank you for contacting us.

I checked your issue and after investigation I found that this is related to code that you have used while building the template.

Unfortunately, HTML / CSS / JavaScript and Site implementation related issues are outside the scope of our support boundaries. Howev

er, you may like to post this on our support forums as well, where a member of our helpful community may be able to assist - http://

forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst .

I cannot tell how this is a code issue as the code is not updating! Maybe I am missing something but I do not see it. Here is a page that can be viewed: http://tinyurl.com/43naszt - You must login. Here is the login info:

Username (login form will say email but it is the username field): BC-Support

and password: adobe

then click "View Past Messages." I have 4 'NAV' buttons just above the middle of the page. (Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/5PPnRVDEn ) I changes those to read (and link to) "May - June - July - August" but it still reads what I had previously "April - May - June - July".

If this is a code issue please point it out because I cannot see any issue with the code causing the template to not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-opened this case as a new case since a Withdrawn case cannot be re-opened. (So I am told.) The new case number is: 0183519567. I do request that this case be handled by Tier 2 Support.

One thing to note here: The backend is correct but the frontend is not. If this was a code issue I do not see how invalid or bad code would prevent BC from displaying the same code on the front end, invalid or not. If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this with files on an email template. Even deleted the images still render in the emails sent out by the system web forms etc, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what the issued turned out to be:

Inside the admin panel the template was not assigned at all, thus the page was not updating. But this gets a bit more troubling to me.

First I build 99% of my pages within DW and I assign the templates for the pages within DW as well. Once that is done I upload them to the server and will use the admin to remove .html from the path and sometimes remove from SEO and Sitemap. Beyond that I do nothing else in the Admin with webpages. It has always worked without issue until now. It makes me wonder how all the pages that use 2 DW Templates were all the sudden removed from using that template but still showing the old template! Once I reassign the template the pages views correctly.

Was this a one time glitch or is there a bug somewhere between DW and BC? I will monitor and if I keep seeing this issue I will open a new case on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread, but I just had the same issue happen on my site. When I logged in this morning, all of my pages that I had been working with had been reverted to "no template" . I now have lots and lots of pages and catalogs to reset.... boooooo.

Has anyone found a reason for this or a quick way to set them all back to correct template? I'm not really thrilled about the idea of doing this all manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This an older site your working on Lynda?

This is an issue with that Templates ran as BC made a change to them a while back. You can see that on older BC sites .html is shown in template name but new ones dont. When you try to work on older templates it gets confused and you see two templates one with .html one without. The without is your updated one and the .html the old one in the system (which you cant replace) being the one selected.

Check see if it is that and you not got two now. If so choose the one without .html and delete that via the admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Liam - Thanks for the help. I am working on a site that has been on BC for a year or more but I do not think this is the case. When I look at templates I see one template then if I open the template in the admin I will see:

Template

Template_Tablet.htm

Template_Phone.htm

One of the template I update monthly and updated a month ago without issue.

@mario - I included all of that but if more clarification or info is needed I can provided it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that then, just checking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines