• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 compatibility with Reload Editor

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know anything about CP6 and Reload Editor.

We need to use Reload Editor, but it seems they are not compatible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...Cp6 is publishing/packaging its SCOs in a different manner now.

It seems that the process outlined in the link below will not work for using Reload:

http://captivatedev.com/2011/09/30/packaging-adobe-captivate-scos-into-one-course-using-reload-edito...

Does anyone have a successful use of using Reload with multi-sco Cp6?

Thanks,

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted the developers for Reload Editor. If I hear from them, I'll

update this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, development on Reload editor stopped a couple of years ago, according to the guy listed as the senior developer, so it will never be compatible with CP6. 

Now I'm on the hunt for a different SCORM wrapper....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarionJD,

Thanks for the Reload info.

This is a huge pain in the *&&, but a temp fix would be to download the e-learning suite to get access to the multi scorm packager.

Thanks,

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kave,

Actually I have the Adobe multi-scorm packager, and so does my developer.  But it falls short in many ways - the biggest being that you can't save the structure once you've created it, in case you have add/delete something later and republish.  That's why we ended up with Reload Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering.. What exactly is it with CP6 that isn't working with Reload?

I use Reload all the time and also with Captivate 6. However, I never use regular Captivate SCORM reporting but use my own scripts instead. This works well with CP6, but of course this is not an option for all.

If you can tell me what you are having problems with in Reload and CP6 I'll try and make a test project and see if I can figure it out.

/Michael

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

Thanks for you offer. The second thread above has a link to a Reload workflow for earlier Cp SCOs. Based on how Cp6 packages SCOs now, the video's workflow no longer works.

What would be most helpful is to see another video on how one can package Cp 6 SCOs w/Reload.

What I'm trying to do at present is package 2 SCOs, a training sco and an assessment sco. I want both SCOs to be seen/tracked by an LMS but the LMS would only track the train sco as 'did they open this file? good, give 'em credit' no real tracking for score. The assess sco does need to be tracked for scoring.

I'd be happy to email the SCOs in question, have you package them and then that would allow me to see your structure, or you could just email your structure to me? keithave@yahoo.com

Much Thanks,

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources