• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Content Disappears from HTML Help (CHM)

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Using Robohelp 8.0.2.208 on Windows 7 (64bit).

I've created a glossary, and upon compiling html help, when accepting the prompt to preview the compiled CHM I can see the glossary. No problems there.

However, if I close the CHM file, and then re-open it later (just from the directory I save it to, which is on my local machine), although the glossary tab appears, all the glossary terms are gone. In fact the whole glossary section is grey - there's a glossary tab, but no content or even a 'space' for the content - it's just a big grey section.

Glossary.gif

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Captiv8r, I think that's probably the issue and solution. Pity I'm not running RH9. Are you aware of a solution for RH8, or perhaps because it's not officially supported on 64-bit machines, I just have to suck it up?

EDIT:

I've done some more research and from what I understand, this 'browse sequence' issue I'm experiencing is (can be) resolved by registering a 64-bit version of the HHActiveX.dll. However, the 64-bit version is not supplied with RH8 32-bit (it seems that users with RH9 and above will have both the 32 and 64-bit versions, but no such luck for we RH8 32-bit users).

My next questions are;

• Can the 64-bit version be registered on a system running RH8 32-bit?
  • Does this resolve the issue?

...and I guess I should ask where I could possibly get hold of the 64-bit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

You could download a trial version of 10, then just use the HHActiveX.dll that comes with it.

Just a thought... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was a neat idea, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks anyhow.

EDIT: Here's something really weird...

My computer runs Windows 7 64-bit. On it I have de-registered the old RH8 DLL, and registered the new RH10 DLL that I downloaded. Hold that thought.

On my local computer I have Virtual Machine installed, and with it I have a 32-bit version of Windows 7.

So, I installed RH10 into the VM image, dragged one of my projects into it, opened it in RH10, and upgraded it to the RH10 format when prompted.

I compiled a CHM, and upon opening it (I closed RH first) I have a fully-functional glossary tab (as one would expect from having used RH10).

However, if I take that new CHM file and drag it out of the VM image, dropping it back into my 'actual' local computer, upon opening the CHM, the glossary is greyed-out again. HUH?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp