• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumb placeholders in a multi authored project

Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon Robohelp community!

Today's puzzle sees a master and child project in a mulit-authoring environment. Both projects use identical copies of the stylesheet and master page in which two authors may work on seperate parts of the project at once, then use the merged project feature when publishing.

The master page in both the master and child projects' contains the breadcrumb placeholder, which has been labled ABC123.  The master is generated, and the child is generated and published.

When reviewing the combined output  however, the breadcrumb for the child version has reverted to the inbuilt placeholder Home.  The master version remains as it should be.

e.g.

Master   ABC123 | Main Topic | Sub Topic

Child      Home | Main Topic | Sub Topic

While the easiest fix is to simple use the Home place holder, I would rather use my own. 

Has anybody else discovered this issue, and have a solution?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen anyone else post this problem.

In a merged setup, the home page should take you to the default topic for the merge. Set the child project's breadcrumb Home name to ABC123 and it should work.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  As I mentioned, the master page in both the master and child projects' contains the breadcrumb placeholder, which has been labled ABC123.

Unfortunately setting both master and child breadcrumb placeholders has not worked.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With you now. Is this merged webhelp and what version of RoboHelp?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp version 9.  We have mulitple merged projects. 

I've pretty much experimented all mulitple projects. Ultimately I've renamed each breadcrumb placeholder 'Home', since that works becuase I've not got time to do the job of an Adobe tester.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an Adobe tester but my test suggests they did do their job.

I just tested a merged webhelp setup and it seems to be working as it should.

breadcrumbs.png

Where you see Home above, you can type in anything you want. I added Peter to the parent and it then appeared in all topics regardless of project. That is the same logic as skins. Open the parent and all topics appear in that skin. Open a child and its skin is used.

When I added a label, that only appeared in topics from the child where the label was set. Thus some topics had a label and others did not. I could have set all the projects with the same label or I could have defined a different label for each project.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Peter. For some reason is not working as it should on this end, but i'll continue to play around with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try it with the merge demo that you can download from my site. It's a simple set up making it easy to try things like this.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp