Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete datasource failed

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed CF9 without a licence (developer Ediition) and created some datasources

using the Oracle Driver. Everything works fine.

Then I updated CF9 with a Licence Key (CF9 Standard Edition) and now the datasources are not running,

because Standard Edition does not have the Oracle Driver. I try to edit or delete the datasources, but I get a server error 500.

Can I delete the datasources manually?

Environment:

CF Standard 9,0,2,282541

Windows Server 2008 R2

regards Claudia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Sorry, I gave you a bad location for that xml file.  In Coldfusion 9 Standard the neo-datasource.xml  file is in the lib folder in the root of the installation location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can manually edit the neo-datasource.xml file found in the cfusion/lib folder.

They will be listed individually in that file starting with:

<var name='DATASOURCE NAME'>

< then a series of <var> tags with the connection details>

</var>

You can just delete the one that is causing you issues.  Also, there may be a neo-datasource.bak file in there with the original settings.  Open that file and look to see if your offending datasource is in it.  If not, rename it to neo-datasource.xml  and rename the other to .old or something else.  Restart Coldfusion and the new datasource information should be picked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I gave you a bad location for that xml file.  In Coldfusion 9 Standard the neo-datasource.xml  file is in the lib folder in the root of the installation location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's it!!

Thank you very much and

best regards

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation