• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing FP

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe says that FP is installed, but the control panel shows only the plug-in. 2. When I try to install FP, Adobe says to close Firefox even when it is closed. 3. When I switch to IE, it tells me to download FP. This started a few days ago. I open to suggestions, but I do not want to switch to Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please be specific about u'r Windows version?

You need to install Flash Player separately for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

In the first issue you mentioned, go to Task Manager (press Control + Shift + Delete keys), then see if Firefox listed in the Applications or Process taba. If Yes, select it and click End Process. The installation should automatically continue.

If you want to install Flash Player in Internet Explorer, please go through the procedure mentioned in the following doc for details: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Thnaks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Sunil,

Thanks for your response. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and FP 11.3.300.268 was installed--it was named the Flash Player plug-in, which was confusing.

I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled, following Pat Willener's previously posted advice (see below) to download and save the FP uninstaller and offline installer. Part of the problem is that my download manager was through Firefox, so once I eliminated that after downloading, the browser was truly closed. I eliminated the remaining files in the Flash folders (see below) except mms.cfg (and the FlashPlayertrust folder; I left that). So I uninstalled and reinstalled, and that didn't fix the problem, which is that I couldn't use NPR's media player without it freezing Firefox.

What solved that problem was dumping the npr cookies--and I dumped the rest of my cookies while I was at it. And for the moment, it looks like everything is working in Firefox. If I run into problems again, I'll check back.

Here are the previously posted instructions from Pat Willener for uninstalling and reinstalling:

Here is what I did; try doing the same:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines