• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6? "Expanding" text boxes

Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if CP6 or any widgets support text boxes that can expand like those in the articulate videos below?

http://how-to-email.articulate.com/markers/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

In Captivate 6 there is no Expanding Text Boxes, although you can use "Interactions" and Rollover Slidelet (It will work when you hover the mouse)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Would you mind explaining more how I can combine an interaction and rollover slidelet?  Would I be combining a Rollover Slidelet and the Accordian interaction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can use Rollover Slidelet, once your user hover the mouse on rollover area, you can show him your content (Text, Images and Videos).

Note : When you insert Rollover Slidelet, a different timeline comes up for Slidelet, on that timeline you can insert Text Caption, Images and Video

Interactions gives you option where you can add content (Text & Images) on different sections (Levels), once your user clicks on the section, your content will be displayed.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I thought you had some magical way to make Rollovers and Intractions do what the Articulate items showed.  I use Rollovers regularly, but they would only show the enter text box at a time.  It wouldn't expand, growing the text box.

I tested a few Interactions, but they don't let me show just 1 expanding text box.  The Accordian sidelet requires at least 2 boxes.

I guess I'll use Flash for now, with an animated timeline and some masking.

Thanks for your input so far!  Let me know if you have additional input or if I'm misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the closest thing Captivate has at the moment to replicate something like the Storyline marker object is the slidelet object.  However, having watched the Storyline demo from your link, I'd have to say that Articulate has done this feature better than slidelets currently do.

In Captivate, you should still be able to do something similar using interactive objects, captions, variables, and Effects applied to the caption.  However, in no way would adding objects via this workflow be anywhere as easy as adding Markers in Storyline currently are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for elaborating everyone.  Moving forward, I'm going to be creating more and more single-page performance support pages that offer interactive functionality.

Our thoughts are that displaying the 2nd-level information via interactive animations (vs an HTML pop-up window) will increase engagement and increase the likelyhood of viewers exploring the information on the page.

We are glad to see that captivate has added some out of the box interactions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources