2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 6:46 AM by Mike Gondek2

InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM

HAYMAN DESIGN

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4605576#4605576

this is the post that has much of the same issue but my difference is that i am on Indesign 5.5.

To shed some more insight, I am trying to make a press quality PDF direct from Indesign.

I have 2 pages in my document, I was able to get one page PDFed buth the larger was not able to.

• 1. Re: InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Why won't it PDF? What error is it showing? Do other presets work? What does your layout look like?

Have you tried removing elements one at a time and exporting it and seeing which element is causing the issue?

Have you got images on the page - perhaps resaving them to a different format and relinking them will help?

I sincerely doubt it's out of memory, seen as I work on a computer with 3gb RAM and a Intel Core 2 2.13ghz processor and I never get that issue.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM
            Mike Gondek2 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make a copy of your document. Delete half the itmes, then try to make a pdf. Keep repeating this process until you locate the exact object that is causing this. We can then better deteremine what the problem might be. Some common possibiliites:

• Image with a bad color profile
            • Image with a duplicate cliping path directly on top
            • Bad font (Multiple Master, or font cache needs clearing)

Also try using another pdf preset to see if that works, like PDF X.