2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 6:46 AM by Mike Gondek2 RSS

InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM

HAYMAN DESIGN Community Member

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4605576#4605576

this is the post that has much of the same issue but my difference is that i am on Indesign 5.5.

To shed some more insight, I am trying to make a press quality PDF direct from Indesign.

I have 2 pages in my document, I was able to get one page PDFed buth the larger was not able to.

• 1. Re: InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM
          Eugene Tyson CommunityMVP

Why won't it PDF? What error is it showing? Do other presets work? What does your layout look like?

Have you tried removing elements one at a time and exporting it and seeing which element is causing the issue?

Have you got images on the page - perhaps resaving them to a different format and relinking them will help?

I sincerely doubt it's out of memory, seen as I work on a computer with 3gb RAM and a Intel Core 2 2.13ghz processor and I never get that issue.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS5.5 Out of memory error on a i7 2.8ghz imac with 12GB RAM
            Mike Gondek2 CommunityMVP

Make a copy of your document. Delete half the itmes, then try to make a pdf. Keep repeating this process until you locate the exact object that is causing this. We can then better deteremine what the problem might be. Some common possibiliites:

• Image with a bad color profile
            • Image with a duplicate cliping path directly on top
            • Bad font (Multiple Master, or font cache needs clearing)

Also try using another pdf preset to see if that works, like PDF X.