• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bcrypt blowfish as3crypto usage

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for an example of proper usage to utilze as3crypto or other tool to encypt a string and salt.

Ultimately, this is to Match an existing hash froma  database that was created in php.

I have seen some incomplete attempts at demonstrating, please only send Working examples.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try looking at http://code.google.com/p/as3crypto/? It has working examples there

Best Regards

Alex Liebscher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex but I am unable to get it to work.

Do you have an example of using the BlowFishKey?

I suspect it is a simple call to the BlowFishKey.as  but I see not how to pass a str and a salt to encrypt.

Any leads appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, I deleted my encryption project. If you scan through the source code on Google docs, I'm sure you could get an idea of how it works. I believe there is a public function called encrypt, and you give that either a string or byte array.

I wish I could help more, I happen to be busy at the moment.

Best of luck,

Alex LIebscher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to gte it to work but unable to get it to match the encryption used in PHP.

I create a hash made from both a password and a salt. The salt is prefixed with $2a$13$ to set the rounds used in the encryption.

I see no way to do this in this library.

Therefore I get a different result than that created in PHP.

The reason I am trying to do this is so that the hash can be recreated offline ( using this library ).

Scenario: A person signs up and creates a hash(password) within PHP as described above. Then the person uses the software which stores the hash locally. The the person attempts to access the software Offline - which requires them to recreate the Hash and if it matches - they are able to use it.

Is there a way to set the rounds of encryption with this library? Sorry if that is not the correct term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines