• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Widgets and Advanced Actions

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a quiz that includes a 'pass' certificate' at the end with the quiz taker's name printed on  it?  I cannot find a tutorial.  If there is no tutorial, can I call an Adobe number and pay for the instructions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a certificate widget, go to Insert/widget/certificate. Then input the information you want in the widget. This widget automatically inputs a text entry box, for the user to input their name and then all you have to do is preview your quiz with the the certificate at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just to add on Anita's answer, you can set the preference in Captivate, if user pass than jump to this slide which is your Certificate slide and fails jump to this slide.

Edit>Prefernces> Under Quiz >Pass or Fail.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anita and Priyank.

The certificate needs to be "automatically" completed with tester's name, type of test and score. (I didn't make it clear in the initial question, sorry).

The tester enters name, id number on first slide and that information is transferred to the certificate IF tester passes.  That way he can print it out and take to supervisor.

If you know of a tutorial that deals directly with this situation, that would be great too... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The certificate widget is automatically generated. Just import it and then put in the properties you want. You don't need to put the testers name and ID number on the first slide, you can do that within the widget properties and then the widget generates it automatically. Import the widget then preview it, you will see. The only other solution is to create your own certificate, which I have done in the past. I will try to do a blog on it with a tutorial, but have several other projects going on now, so don't know of my time table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background of project: This quiz will be burned to CDs (I will not be using the reporting system for scores, etc) and the CDs will be handed out to numerous test takers over the course of many months, one at a time.  They will watch the presentation, take the quiz, then produce a document of certification. The certification needs to 'automatically' put the test takers name on the certificate.

Thank you Anita.  I understand about the information input in the properties tab for the certificate such as "signature" and "place", Those things will appear on every certificate.  Unfortunately, we cannot allow the test taker to 'fill in the blank' of the name of the test taker on the certificate.

Lilybiri, thank you.  That is what I need to do.  Create my own certificate listing the score, date, type of test, name of test taker, etc.  Perhaps I can make a certificate out of the 'test results' slide?  Put a 'print' button on that slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The score slide, like the question slides is not allowing lot of customisation, that is why I talked about using Quizzing system variables to show the information you want.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, I was able to add student name, employee number, and current date variables to the quiz slide.  Now the only challenge is to print the slide with a print button.  I don't see an option.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the Print widget coming with CP?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see 'Print Widget' choice and Adobe no longer has a search terms option in their "Help" section.

Where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert, Widgets and browse to Gallery\Widgets\ if necessary. Or open the Widgets workspace. I didn't ask which version you are using, but it is there since several versions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 5.5

I found the print widget.  Thank you...!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need a hint.

The print widget is on the slide and the printer prints from this computer for other documents, but will not print the slide.  I need to direct that command (widget) to my printer.  I do not see  an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create your own certificate, using the values of system quizzing variables for the result of the quiz, eventually other system variables llike those that you can populate by defining the file properties. But somewhere you'll have to ask for the user name to populate a user variable. When do you plan to do that: at the start of the file instead of when the certificate widget is used?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources