Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unable to install Extension Manager 6.1 update on my Mac.  Running Lion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message are you receiving when you try to install?  What have you tried so far to resolve your difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Rebooted computer, downloaded another copy of patch.  No difference.  I am not exactlyan expert here!  What else should I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Enny1f.  The reason which I inquire is users often will turn around after suggestions are offered and then tell us they have already completed those steps.  This helps give a clear picture on how to proceed.

First I would recommend checking your version of the Adobe Application Manager.  It is located in Applications/Utilties/Adobe Application Manager/core.  If it is not version 6.2.77 or later then please obtain the update from the bottom right hand corner of our download page.  The download page is located at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeff

Thank you.  I did update the App Manager, 6.2.77, but still cannot install the patch.  I get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to manually download and install the update from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Tired that, and still smae error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sharma.  I note that it was a problem back in 2010, so this may not be the same but worth a try.  I will see how I manage it, but sounds a bit advanced for my simple brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sharma

I have updated PS on my other computer, and it has installed the patch OK.  So, do I just copy the Extension Manager folder from the successful to the unsuccessful computer, and will it automatically replace; or do I have to uninstall the non-functioning Ext Manager first?  I don't want to screw things up.

btw, not sure why this happened, as I have always updated regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines