14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 5:44 AM by Cardorarla RSS

Photoshop CS3 Extended error on load

Cardorarla

Photoshop CS3 Extended

Windows 7 with all updates current

Error message on load 'could not initialize Photoshop because of a program error'

I'm running:

intel core i5

16 GB RAM

148 GB free on drive C

698 GB free on Drive D

465 GB free on drive E

465 GB free on drive F

2 DVD-R drives

All updates to Photoshop were installed last time I ran it with no problems.

No new hardware has been installed since.

Installed Classic Shell since last use, so I uninstalled it but the error persists.

Installed Diet Tracker but they don't interfere with each on on the system at home so I know there's no problem there.

Nothing else installed except Windows updates.

I tried restoring back to the last time I used it . . . still got the error, so undid the restore.

I tried repairing Photoshop . . . no change.

I uninstalled Photoshop, rebooted, installed Photoshop. it loaded slower then and the last thing I saw load was plugins then something about Python and then the error again.

When I try to open the program, it goes so fast that I can't see what's loaded and where it stops now.

I searched for like problems . . . found one that they found was caused by a sound driver on an ASUS board but it was different.  I tried rolling back the sound driver anyway and it didn't fix it so  I updated it again.  There was a reference to check the Event Viewer which I know nothing about but I tried it anyway . . . found nothing.

Any help will be appreciated or if you know a way to debug the load or slow it down to see what it's trying to load please clue me in.  Thank you for any help.