Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player

Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to run videos and am propted to install the latest version of flash player.  When I try to do so, it always says "attention-newer version already installed."  I have searched my programs numerous times, I don't have flash.  I have used the "adobe help" and followed the steps, it indicates I don't have flash installed.  Any ideas why it won't install???  Also, if I uninstall google chrome, that will reinstall, but flash always says newer version already installed.  HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the existing Flash Player first, using the uninstaller

If you continue to have problems, please tell us what operating system and browser you use.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat, thank you for the response. I had done all of those things several times. Reading a few blogs, I figured out the problem. Flash will only work if I launch google chrome first. Not a huge problem, but pretty crappy requirement.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is certainly not a "requirement".  But I cannot help you any more as long as you don't give us any system information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines