• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't convert a psd to jpeg in cs6

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a jpeg image, it was all b&w and I used layers/curves to add color to certain parts of the pic. It saved as a psd automatically now I can't get it to convert so I can upload the image, I've looked up all kinds of things to try and it's not working. I'm not too advanced in photo shop so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

use your adobe account and create an account at photoshop.com as a suggestion to be able to upload psd files.  have you tried to upload the jpeg2000 file?  when you create your photoshop.com account provide a link to the uploaded file in this forum .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to Flatten the image first.  There's a menu command for that. 

Note:  I heard CS6 makes things like this easier than previous versions but I have yet to get my feet wet in the software version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you select "save As" and then choose the file type you want to save it as.

CS6 will automatically flatten the image if you choose "Save As" and then select JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried flattening it first, it didn't work.

It's not letting choose SAVE AS now that it's already saved as a psd.

I went back and re edited it from it's orginal form as a jpeg and then flattened it, then I hit save, changed it to JPEG 2000 as it was the only jpeg option and now i can't open it at all.

I'm extrememly frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the document is 8 bit/channel, RGB or Grayscale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well now I can't even open the file at all...on any program...IDK what happened!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see my replies in the other thread you hijacked:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4608516#4608516

In the future, please stick to a single thread for any one topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow sorry.

I am new to this site and didn't know how to start one until after I posted on that one, my bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's OK to append your post to an existing pertinent thread.  That's fine.

What's not kosher is creating a duplicate thread later, which creates the kind of confusion we have here now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

Make sure the document is 8 bit/channel, RGB or Grayscale.

Why Photoshop will ensure the jpeg file is flat 8bit color or grayscale then revert the document back in time to before the save so the document will be in the same state it was in before the save.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I've created an account at photoshop.com and I am currently uploading the PSD file. Keep in mind I'm new to the whole adding color to a black n white image lol so I'm sure the color could use lots of help but it's the best I could do at the time...of course now that I've re done it multiple times haha I'm sure the color on the new pic looks tons better    😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Photoshop CS6 will convert 16 bit/channel RGB images to 8 bit for JPEG saving.

But no version will convert 32 bit/channel, or LAB color.

(and while CMYK JPEG works, it's usually not what you want - and browsers don't support it well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

No, Photoshop CS6 will convert 16 bit/channel RGB images to 8 bit for JPEG saving.

But no version will convert 32 bit/channel, or LAB color.

(and while CMYK JPEG works, it's usually not what you want - and browsers don't support it well)

That good to know So its needs to be RGB or Grayscale 16bit or 8bit  and 4 color CMYK is not a pretty sight..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the PSD file I want converted to JPEG so I can upload it to FB and other places.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/courtneybrannen12/albums/04141682268c4734ae6bc16b16303e60/view#b54a5d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Courtney, that link leads alraedy to a great looking JPEG calledd 1024.jpg !

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It states .PSD but is a Jpeg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneybrannen12 wrote:

Here is the link to the PSD file I want converted to JPEG so I can upload it to FB and other places.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/courtneybrannen12/albums/04141682268c47 34ae6bc16b16303e60/view#b54a5...

Click on the download icon on that page you linked to and it will download your full-resolution original JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I just clicked on the edit button below the file and it said it would save a copy as JPEG so I downloaded that just now.

IDK how it's saying PSD but you're saying it's a JPEG cause it won't open on any program or site cause it says it's a PSD...I'm so confused but I am able to upload it now so that's all that matters...Thanks everyone for putting up with a beginner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneybrannen12 wrote:

yeah I just clicked on the edit button below the file and it said it would save a copy as JPEG so I downloaded that just now.

IDK how it's saying PSD but you're saying it's a JPEG cause it won't open on any program or site cause it says it's a PSD...I'm so confused but I am able to upload it now so that's all that matters...Thanks everyone for putting up with a beginner!

I do not care if it opens on the site just upload the psd file I want to open the PSD file in my copy of CS6 I paid for....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet you did have a PSD that you couldn't open because it lacked a proper ".psd" extension.  The Photoshop.com site was smart enough to know it was a Photoshop PSD and converted it to a JPEG for you.

Add the same ".psd" extension to your original PSD, and it will open in Photoshop for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for the PSD file you having a problem with, You have it seems uploaded three jpeg images named

edited pic.psd , added color.psd, added color_edited-1.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the one ending in JPEG is the one I edited on photoshop.com it was origianally named the .psd file but when I clicked EDIT under it a box popped up and it said can't edit the file in that format, photoshop will make a copy of the pic as a jpeg so you can edit and save it. so that's what I did. And yes, you asked me to send a link to PSD file I couldn't convert to jPEG in cs6 and that's what I did. Those PSD files won't open anywhere but in cs6 and will not upload on FB and other sites like I was trying to do. IDK why you're insisting they are JPEG when every program on my computer says they are PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the mess you have created by having two parallel threads, Courtney.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you're attitude Station is very uncalled for...I haven't created a mess, I asked for help, I was givien suggestions and finally I have been given one that enabled me to do what I was trying to do all along...You can just stop putting in your two cents if it's that much of a problem to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the one named added color.psd IS the one I have been talking about that I am having problems with converting to JPEG in PS..!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines