• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with empty folder showing up in incorrect release folder

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to several forum contributors I've got conditional build expressions working correctly to create five Single Source Layouts. To keep it simple, I'll use letters for the SSLs.

SSLBuild TagAvailable Tags in Conditional Build Tag Expression
A (the Core Help)AA
B (licensed module)BB + A
C (licensed module)CC + A
D (licensed module)DD + A
E (licensed module)EE + A

As you can see, all the licensed modules can access topics in the Core Help, but cannot access topics in any module that they have not licensed.

There are no untagged topics in the Help.

When I generate the Help for the licensed modules, RoboHelp creates an empty folder in each target Release folder that is related to one of those licensed modules. For example, the B, C, D, and E Release folders ALL contain an empty E folder.

I have gone through the project with a fine-tooth comb, verifying that the tags are correctly applied, checking images and baggage files, etc. But that empty E folder continues to appear.

Any thoughts about the next step that I might want to take to clean this up?

Thanks.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Carol

Are you using Inclusive or Exclusive build expression?

Sounds like it's Inclusive, but thought I'd ask.

If so, you might try using Exclusive. Just clear tags with anything related to A. After all, it's included by default anyway, no? As an aside, if the folder is empty, not really seeing the concern. Just curiosity?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Captiv8r.

I think that I'm using "Inclusive" because I list the tags I want to include in the Available tags pane and the tags to exclude in the Exclude from output pane. This is the build expression for "B".

8-9-2012 2-09-18 PM_conditionalbuildexp.png

However, the build expression for "B" sounds more 'exclusive' to me.

I'd like to fix this problem because I'm curious and I like to understand what's going on, but also because I like my projects to be as clean as possible. I inherited this project from a writer who is not working here any longer, and who had, I think, imported lots of stuff into this new project in order to carry content forward from a legacy project. My goal is to clean up the project so that future writers won't have to worry about what's going on in the project.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp