Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help to create expanding form fields in LiveCycle Designer ES (not version 10).

Level 1

Hello...  We are working with LiveCycle Designer ES in conjunction with Acrobat 9 Pro. We need to create expanding form fields and followed the directions in the video on "creating expanding form fields" on Adobe TV. (http://tv.adobe.com/watch/working-with-acrobat-x-suite/creating-expanding-form-fields/ )  (The general idea in this video seems to be adabtable enough to ES)

It seems like we must have missed a step somehow.   We get an error message that indicates that we should de-select "allow page breaks".  Either way, the text just overflows the field area, but does not push the other fields down to the next page... Can you help us figure out what we might be doing wrong? Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

If the other fields need to go next page or move according to the flowable field, design fields in subform and den check autofit for both field and subform. Make sure that field should not check "limit length"

Level 1

Hi Sony A1... thank you for the suggestion... we checked and tried again ... we wrapped the field in a subform and made shir autofit was enabled and "limite length" was disabled... still not working... text just overflows but doesn't push the rest of the fields down... wrapping in a subform should be ok, right... I think this would be the same as creating the field in a subform... correct me if I'm wrong... any other suggestions would be appreciated... thanks very much.