Videos freeze after 5-7 seconds, no audio at all - Google Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7 x64

Google Chrome 21.0.1180.60 m

Flash version 11.3.31.222

My os is 64-bit, but the "what version of flash are you running" window says it's 32-bit. Which strikes me as odd. Anyway,

Problem is basically laid out in the subject. No matter what video I try to play, it freezes after a few seconds. There is no audio whatsoever. I tried the uninstall (using the uninstaller) I found in another Flash forum, but it didn't help. As a matter of fact, running the uninstaller made no difference at all. Videos still played for a few seconds, sans audio, then froze.

Is there a fix for this? It only started happening yesterday.

Update: Also happens in Firefox. IE works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing? Really? I'm the only person on the internet with this problem?

One thing I noticed.. all the sites that check my version say I'm running 11.3.31.222. The most recent version is 11.3.300.268. However, no matter what I try, I can't get that version to install. I even tried the manual installer after a clean uninstall. No luck.

??

Help! I don't want to use Opera!

Update: I did the clean flash player uninstall again. I also uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I reset my router.

I got 2 youtube videos to play, and then the problem resurfaced. Now no videos will play again.

/sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Chrome browser not only automatically updates it's version (21.0.1180.60m) without notice , but the Shockwave Flash (11.3.31.222/ 11.3.300.268) plugins too!!!

I had to disable 11.3.31.222 along w. 11.3.300.268 and have 11.2 r202 (11.2.202.235) solely enabled again because this time, i had 'shockwave plugin unresponsive' at some websites that stalled pages, and of 11.3.300.268., 'unresponsive shockwave plugin' refused to play YT.

*type: chrome://plugins in address bar in chrome -  click the + on the top right

And enable/disable plugins

I think d/l's here might very well work:  http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php

or, directly

(Although it seems some are not happy w. crashing browsers and such with 11.3.300.268 version!?)

Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Non-IE)

http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php?old_flash_player=8021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No mate, you're not the only person on the internet with this problem. There might be two of us.

Zumm has been helpful though, in layman's terms, all I've done is gone on holiday, return and accept a few updates, Firefox particularly prompted me but I'm aware that there were more, and now I'm struggling to view Flash on (specifically) the BBC site but I've tried a few others, same applies.

Has someone, somewhere, somehow, triggered an update that has screwed the two of us up, or is this a wider problem that I'm failing to grasp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines