• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 10.1.3 fails to open pdf in Safari 5.1.5

Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

After updating Adobe Reader to 10.1.3, anytime I try to ope a pdf file in Safari 5.1.5, I get the following window:

http://msemac.redwoods.edu/~darnold/adobecap.tiff

What is happening?

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Hi David,

Please note that if you are using OS X 10.6.x, then you'll need to run Safari in 64Bit mode. You can do the same by

1. Go to Applications, Command+Click on Safari to open the Context menu.

2. Now click on Get Info

3. From the new window that appears, Uncheck "Open in 32-bit mode".

This is because on OS X 10.6.8, Safari 5.1 in 32-bit mode is not supported. Refer to release notes for more details about systems requirements changes.

If above information was not helpful,

Please let us know your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please note that if you are using OS X 10.6.x, then you'll need to run Safari in 64Bit mode. You can do the same by

1. Go to Applications, Command+Click on Safari to open the Context menu.

2. Now click on Get Info

3. From the new window that appears, Uncheck "Open in 32-bit mode".

This is because on OS X 10.6.8, Safari 5.1 in 32-bit mode is not supported. Refer to release notes for more details about systems requirements changes.

If above information was not helpful,

Please let us know your OS version and whether this issue happens with all PDF files or with any specific file?

Also try to "Reload" the PDF in safari when grey window appears by pressing "Command + R"?

-Shashi

Message was edited by: Shashi Kant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shashi,

Safari 5.1.5 does fully support 32 bit mode.

The Adobe Acrobat 10.1.3 plugin failes on a MacBook Pro (Model 1,2) running OS 10.6.8 (10K549), fully up to date, with Safari 5.1.5, yet works fine with Firefox 12 on the same computer.  Since the processor is a core duo, not capable of 64 bit, both the Safari and Firefox binaries are 32 bit binaries.  The plugin does not work on Safari 5.1.5 but does work on Firefox 12 in 32 bit mode.  I downgraded to Acrobat Reader 10.1.2 to regain functionality in both browsers.  It happens with all PDF files downloaded through the browser.  Reloading does not change the outcome in Safari.

rus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that a link to some release notes that is it self a pdf file, which will not open because of the aforementioned problem is a additionally poor way of releasing software.

Adobe acrobat was nagging me each week about some update it needed, And there was no ignore button in site. Only options to download now, or annoy me again later.

My solution! boycott software companies that produce virus like software.

Mac OSX Virus Alert! search for files: AdobePDFViewer.plugin & AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin and delete them to fix safari PDF viewing and a much less cluttered interface.

Shame Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shashi,

Thanks, changing to 64-bit mode worked. Moreover, forms now work in Safari!

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines