• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash download and install, multiple browsers

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash "about" page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), suggests that different versions of the player should be used with different browsers (on Windows XP SP3), 11.3.300.268 for Firefox, 11.3.300.265 for Chrome, etc.  I have the 268 version installed, and it is currently being used for both Firefox and Chrome on my system.  (I disabled the "PepperFlash" version that comes with Chrome because it runs very badly).

I would like to set up Chrome to use the recommended version (265).  When I go to the install page (using Chrome), it automatically selects version 268 for me.  How do I get it to download/install version 265?Multiple

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

You can change versions of Flash Player in Chrome using the following steps:

1. Navigate to "about:plugins" in the Chrome address bar
  2. Click the Details link in the upper right part of the page to expand all items
  3. Locate the "Shockwave Flash" entries (there will be 2 or 3 of these)
  4. Click "Disable" for the PPAPI copy (most likely the first one listed), which has a version number of 11.3.31.225.  At least one of the other versions listed should be enabled.
  5. Restart Chrome for good measure and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is embedded with Chrome; you cannot change the version, unless you upgrade/downgrade Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can - If you disable the built-in version under "chrome://plugins/", it will use a different version.  I have done this, so now it is using the version 11,3,300,268 that I use with Firefox.  This works much better than the built-in "PepperFlash" 11.3.31.222 version, but since the "about" page recommends using version 11.3.300.265, I would like to try that.  Any idea how to download & install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you from where to download the plugin installer (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html) but I haven't the slightest idea how to install a different version for Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. the latest Flash Player in Chrome is 11.3.31.225

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change versions of Flash Player in Chrome using the following steps:

1. Navigate to "about:plugins" in the Chrome address bar
  2. Click the Details link in the upper right part of the page to expand all items
  3. Locate the "Shockwave Flash" entries (there will be 2 or 3 of these)
  4. Click "Disable" for the PPAPI copy (most likely the first one listed), which has a version number of 11.3.31.225.  At least one of the other versions listed should be enabled.
  5. Restart Chrome for good measure and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote

P.S. the latest Flash Player in Chrome is 11.3.31.225

Not sure where the "222" came from.  I should have said 11.3.31.225.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version was 222 (until 1 or 2 days ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmmm... Didn't know it auto-updated.  Not any more.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

I can tell you from where to download the plugin installer (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html) but I haven't the slightest idea how to install a different version for Chrome.

Yeah, I found those packages.  Unfortunately, they shed no light on how to run different versions with different browsers.  In fact, the readme suggests that you completely uninstall flash and reboot before installing a different version.  So they clearly are not well set up to handle multiple versions installed at the same time.

The idea of having a single installed version of Flash does not harmonize well with the recommendation of different versions of Flash for different browsers.  It seems that Adobe has not imagined the scenario where a user uses more than a single browser.

I guess I will stick with 11.3.300.268.  It seems to work OK in Chrome, despite the recommendation that we use 11.3.300.265.

Regards,

John McGrath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines