2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 9:46 AM by maraarto1 RSS

how do you open a book on your library shelf?

maraarto1 Community Member

Adobe digital editions is unnecessarily difficult to use.  It doesn't have to look like a library it just has to work.  I cannot seem to open a book or change the list on the shelf.  I want to change the order of the list and cannot do that.  Listen guys just make it easier.  Highlight your choice, select it and voila open it...and start reading.    ?  I downloaded a book and can't open it ---then all the way on the right side of the page it says missing.  How is it missing? It is on my list.

someone please Help.

Thank you

Maraarto1

• 1. Re: how do you open a book on your library shelf?
          Frustrated in AZ Community Member

Don't panic!  Things aren't that bad....

We all expect programs to work in a certain way, based on what we think

they should do and how they should do it.  BUT - we're users, not

programmers, so what THEY think is what WE have to work with.  So, how hard

a program is to use has a lot to do with the differences in viewpoint are

between the programmers and you.  You can ease the pain by reading the HELP

section in ADE (F1 key from Library view), which has explanations of how it

works.

You can change the display order in Library mode easily.  The upper right

corner of the screen has a box that shows you how the library items are

being displayed now.  Put your cursor on the small arrow next to it.  Click

on that arrow, and a drop-down box will show you what your options are -

all seven of them.

If an ebook is 'missing', it could be that the download process did not

finish correctly.  That could happen for a number of reasons beyond the

control of ADE, including disconnection before the ebook was finalized, a

'hiccup' during the download, an issue with the ebook's data and other not

so common problems.  Try deleting the title from your Library and

downloading the ebook again.  That's all I can suggest, because I haven't

found a way to 'fix' that situation without doing another download.

============

• 2. Re: how do you open a book on your library shelf?
            maraarto1 Community Member

I tried that but only had 3 choices.....open, delete and sometig else I can't see right now.  anyway...programmers should lie writers consider wh0 they are writing for.  Some of us, (and who are people who read most?Oldsters, invalids, those who are not physically active) are stay at home and older and not so computer savvy.  If your program is too convoluted for lots of people , your product will not get used and your company will not make any money. Your product will fall by the waside infavor of more easily used programs.

I will work it out because I am not the type to give up.  But I will not enjoy it.  Thanks for your help.

Marlene MayfieldSee My artwork at:   http://www.sebastianriverartclub.org/memberpages/mayfield/content/index.htmlor www.artid.com

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 07:32:40 -0600

To: maraarto1@hotmail.com

Subject: how do you open a book on your library shelf?

Re: how do you open a book on your library shelf?

created by Frustrated in AZ in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Don't panic!  Things aren't that bad.... We all expect programs to work in a certain way, based on what we thinkthey should do and how they should do it.  BUT - we're users, notprogrammers, so what THEY think is what WE have to work with.  So, how harda program is to use has a lot to do with the differences in viewpoint arebetween the programmers and you.  You can ease the pain by reading the HELPsection in ADE (F1 key from Library view), which has explanations of how itworks. You can change the display order in Library mode easily.  The upper rightcorner of the screen has a box that shows you how the library items arebeing displayed now.  Put your cursor on the small arrow next to it.  Clickon that arrow, and a drop-down box will show you what your options are -all seven of them. If an ebook is 'missing', it could be that the download process did notfinish correctly.  That could happen for a number of reasons beyond thecontrol of ADE, including disconnection before the ebook was finalized, a'hiccup' during the download, an issue with the ebook's data and other notso common problems.  Try deleting the title from your Library anddownloading the ebook again.  That's all I can suggest, because I haven'tfound a way to 'fix' that situation without doing another download. ============

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4612165#4612165

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4612165#4612165. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.