3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 9:25 AM by DPS GURU RSS

Adobe Content Viewer + Article creation

richardsats7219 Community Member

Hello,

I've created a folio in Indesign CS5.5 but I can't create an article when I click the "New" button. The following error message displays "An error has occurred while updating article layouts. The InDesign file for the layout cannot be found. Please relink the article to desired source files".

All I've created so far is a scrolling text box which I can't preview because the Adobe Content Viewer fails to launch (dual orientation document).

I've done a clean install of Indesign CS5.5 and installed the latest Folio Producer and Builder Tools (CS5.5) posted on the Adobe DPS website.

Has anyone come across this problem recently and if so what was your solution.

Thank you.

Richard

• 1. Re: Adobe Content Viewer + Article creation
          negilaxman Adobe Employee

This error frequently occurs if you add or single-orientation stack to a dual-orientation folio. Make sure that all articles in the folio include the following:

• all vertical documents only
          • all horizontal documents only
          • both horizontal and vertical documents

Laxman

• 2. Re: Adobe Content Viewer + Article creation
            vividi Community Member

To negilaxman,

This message has occurred for myself and asks to relink the source files, this worked before a new update of folio tools V 8.0.8.22 (CS6).

1. How can you relink these files when the server cannot find the folio on you local drive but it's available in the cloud.

2. Also Is there a easier way to duplicate all folio content ie :

All Vertically only

All Horizontal only

Also horizontal and vertical documents in the cloud need a way to re-link back towards the local drive or a cloud folio duplicate without any need to re-upload all your previous content.

Any users having the same problems with small or larger folios after this new update.

Regards

Vividi

• 3. Re: Adobe Content Viewer + Article creation
              DPS GURU Adobe Employee

If someone uses network drive called USER or USERS just unmount the drive and try uploading the article again. It may be one reason for the error "An error has occurred while updating article layouts. The InDesign file for the layout cannot be found. Please relink the article to desired source files".