• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: unSupported Version of MS Word

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8.0.2.208, just updated. Microsoft Word 2010. RH is part of TechComm Suite.

Trying to export to "Printed Documentation" to save files as MS Word.

I'm getting an error that says "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

Word 2010 is newer than Word 2000.

How do I fix this? I need to be able to export to Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think Word 2010 worked with RH8, only RH9+ Google the forums or see if Peter G. responds - he will know better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bad message. When written it was true but it didn't allow for new versions of Word. Only RoboHelp 9 supports Word 2010 but the good news is the upgrade price is lower when you are only upgrading one version, which you will be I guess.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on Peter and Jeff's posts, I would add this:

In RoboHelp 9, Word 2010 is supported but only the 32-bit version of Office/Word 2010.

Here's a snip from Peter in a related post.

Currently RoboHelp 9 runs at 32 bit in Wow mode on  64 bit Windows OS.  When RoboHelp (32 bit) tries to interact with Office  2010 (64 bit) it fails and RoboHelp thinks that Office is not  installed.

In  short, you can run RoboHelp 9 on a 64 bit system but like other  applications that run in this way, they cannot interact with other 32  bit applications.

Microsoft is having to answer lots of queries about this since hundreds of 32-bit applications (like RoboHelp) are affected. This is why Microsoft installs the 32-bit version by default even on a 64-bit OS. Here's the official blurb from MS:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx

john

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Good to know.

I just had the same problem...searched the forums...and found this thread.

Who should I be mad at? Adobe? or Microsoft? or Both?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just yourself for not upgrading RH?

- just asking ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp