• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable the "PDF Settings...." button?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating Robohelp 10, running on a PC with 64-bit Windows 7.  In the "Printed Document General" window's "Output Format" window, the "Generate Adobe PDF" box is checked, but the "PDF Settings...." button is disabled. What actions are required to enable the "PDF Setings..." button?

I have Acrobat 9 and a PDF printer, both of which function correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If when you installed Rh10 you had selected the PDF Add-on, you likely would not have Acrobat 9 still installed. See Using RoboHelp 10 on my site.

The fact that you say Acrobat 9 is functioning correctly suggests that you did not select the add-on. I suspect that is why the settings option is not enabled.

That does not stop you generating a PDF. First, it may work without changing any settings. If not, generate to Word and then generate to PDF from there. That is what RoboHelp is doing behind the scenes.

Typically and document generated from any HTML program needs some cleaning up in Word first, if only to tidy up page breaks.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp