Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot adjust margins in Acrobat Reader X

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot adjust margins in Acrobat Reader X. Margins are greyed out. I cannot find where to change this. Everytime we print a document it is shrinked because of the margins. A workaround for the moment is to print the documents as pictures. Is there any way to reset margins to 0?

Adobe_margin.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Thise fields don't work in Acrobat X and Adobe Reader X (it's a bug). Instead, change the page scaling to "none" so your page prints at true size, irrespective of the margin values - assuming of course it's designed for the same size of paper you're printing on. You'll still be limited by the hardware margins of your printer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thise fields don't work in Acrobat X and Adobe Reader X (it's a bug). Instead, change the page scaling to "none" so your page prints at true size, irrespective of the margin values - assuming of course it's designed for the same size of paper you're printing on. You'll still be limited by the hardware margins of your printer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. It removed the margins, but it compresses the font in the print. When printing as "picture" the output is as expected. Attached two pictures. I know they are a little fuzzy. But it should be possible to see what happening to the text. It gets compressed in some way. BTW, it is no problem with Adobe Reader 9.

Faulty.pngCorrect.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no changes in this area between Reader 9 and Reader X - they should be working exactly the same.

What type of printer are you using? On what OS platform?  Are you current with the printer driver and OS patches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using HP LaserJet P2055N with HP Universal Printer Driver PCL5 (version 5.2) and Xerox WorkCentre 7328 with Xerox Global Printer Driver. The printer drivers are the latest versions.

Everything is running on Windows 2008 R2 Terminal services. Windows is up to date. One of terminal servers is running Adobe Reader X and the other one is running Adobe Reader 9. There is no problem with version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (Acrobat X). Is there still no workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same prblem up ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all suggestions I could, same problem. I am running Windows XP. Any attempt to adjust margins just shows marging "greyed out".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just got a new HP officejet 7500 and couldn't figure why it wouldn't print to the margins on A3 size paper.

I ran into this problem with not being able to set these margins.

Ticking the "choose paper size by PDF page size" seems to cause the problem, when I unchecked it the margins expand again, you can see the difference in the preview.

So printing an A3 page using the "Actual size" setting and unchecking the "choose paper size... " box makes this work.

Probably need to set the default page size of the printer to what you are actually using so it prints automatically to that size. The margins in the page setup window still show as 25mms but it does not seem to matter in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem since upgrading to Adobe Acrobat Reader X. I am using a HP Photosmart 8150 inkjet printer and running Windows Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully adjusted the page margins after I had imported/typed 2 pages of text into a new acrobat file by clicking onto an icon (on the far right corner (perhaps) typing toolbar. The icon looked like a four crossing lines which cut each other at the ends. I cannot recheck the same since I've uninstalled that ver 9).

The dialogue simply gave me options to adjust margins just like Ms Word!

If indeed you need some more clarification, just PM me/let me know and I'll try to send you some more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm trying to print a 11.5x11 pdf onto a paper the same and it has the 1" border grayed out,  I tried this but it didn't work, any thoughts? tx, Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can’t adjust margins. Only page scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines