• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document is licensed for a different user account.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tired of seeing this message. I just want to read my book. I have changed computers since I bought my ebook 2 years ago. At any rate, the book shows up as being in my library--but I can't read it because of the above message.

I just went through a live chat and nothing came out of it except I was registered with Adobe. So...now I'm registered, my computer is authorized to my email account with Adobe, and I should be able to read my book.

Not happening. I have to say that Adobe (right up there next to Microsoft) is the absolute worst software in the user-friendly department. (And customer service is pretty close to nil.) So instead of being able to simply read the book I own, I have to go through all of this. Why is it rocket science to just read the book? I really don't want to change the world or jump tall buildings in a single bound...I just want to read the book.

I am hoping that someone can help me figure this out, because the live chat person I was working with told me that my only resort was in these forums.

Can someone please help me read my book? (Well, I can actually read, but if you could help me access the book, I will be both happy and extremely impressed!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Well if you didn't register ADE on your original computer with an AdobeID, you are pretty much out of luck.  Your only recourse at this point would be to ask the place where you purchased the book originally for a redownload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you didn't register ADE on your original computer with an AdobeID, you are pretty much out of luck.  Your only recourse at this point would be to ask the place where you purchased the book originally for a redownload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding. I bought the book through Borders, which is out of business now. Hence, my problem. I'll bet you are right, but if anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate it. I have a Nook tablet. I wish I could just transfer it to that. I know B&N bought the customer list from Borders (my name was on it and I received an email from B&N about this). Maybe they could do some magic...just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines