• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help. Trying to get a job. Sent a zip file to update in Robohelp 9 HTML.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a zip file with contents I'm supposed to update in Robohelp 9 HTML. I know Robohelp for Word but not HTML very well. The only project file I find has the name ccaic_xls. the type column indicates robohelp html project.

I launch Robohelp, select this file and get a dialog box that reads: Confirm access: to execute selected action files in list must be writable.  I click OK but none of the file folders or content from the zip file display on screen. I don't know what to do. I have to complete this test by Monday, August 13. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

I

Message was edited by: matisse57

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The XLS file you mention doesn't ring any bells. To open a RoboHelp project, you have to do the following:

1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file to a local folder.

2. In the project root folder, search for a file with the extension .xpj.

3. Double click that file and RoboHelp will open the project.

If this is not working, please post some screenshots of the root directory so we can see what is going on.

Good luck on your assignment.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8-11-2012 8-18-06 AM.jpg

thanks for yur response. I've attached a picture of the extracted files. there is no xpj file anywhere.the ccaic_xls file shows a file type at Robohelp HTML.

I am so confused and stressed. anys assistance in finding the hpj file is appreciated. thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My own guess here is that the ccaic_xls is the XPJ as it bears the RoboHelp icon. Windows is likely hiding the file extension from you as it should be associated with RoboHelp. What happens if you just double-click the ccaic_xls file in the list? That should cause RoboHelp to open.

(assuming, of course, that you are looking at all the files after extracting them to a folder)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick:

I did click on the ccai_xls file and it did launch robohelp. However, none of the existing topics I received in the zip file appear.

Funny, I clicked this icon several times before and got the following error message, now it opens the project with default content the client sent to me.

errormessge.jpg

this is what shows now

screen1.jpg

Now I'm missing content from folders that were in the download. Shouldn't the folders default into the project?

missingtopics.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Ummmm, unless I'm mistaken, you are simply opening the zip file and attempting to run the project. As Willam stated in his reply, the first step here is to extract the content from inside the zip file to a folder in your hard drive. The fact you are encountering the issues you are is suggesting that you are unfamiliar with extracting zip files. So your first step should be to learn how to properly extract the zip contents to a folder. Until you are successful with this, the rest is moot.

Note that you will likely need to return the modified content in zip format as well.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Rick, but I hope it'll work too

The file indicated by RoboHelp is set to read-only. This may be because it was zipped or because it was taken from source control.

Simply select all the files, right click and choose Properties. At the bottom of the dialog uncheck the Read only checkbox. Click ok and let Windows make all your files writable.

Now open the project again.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam, I suspect that the files are still inside the zip because if you look at the path, it's pointing to the temp folder.

That suggests to me that they are simply being viewed from inside the zipped package.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for your help. It was my error in not properly unzipping the files. I have the project open and am now busily working on the tasks assigned. I do have one question. The generated help file has breadcrumbs across the top.

breadcrumb.jpg

When I create new topics to the project, I don't see the breadcrumb trail on the newly created topics.

nobreadcrumb.jpg

Any suggestions. I printed help from Adobe about breadcrumbs: selecting the pods view >single source etc., but it doesn't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From what I see, the breadrumbs are probably set in the header of te master page. Did you assign the same master page to the new topics as is assigned to the existing topics? (Right click topic in the topic list and choose properties.)

Greet,

Willam

matisse57 <forums@adobe.com>schreef:

>matisse57 created the discussion

>"Re: Help. Trying to get a job. Sent a zip file to update in Robohelp 9 HTML."

>To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4615824#4615824

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what Willam suggested, it's worth noting that even if the topics are using a Master Page, you still may not see the breadcrumbs unless you created the topics from the onset using the Master page. It all depends on how the orignal author configured the breadcrumbs.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp