• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help I'm able to install Adobe Flash Player 11 but....

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there (my device & version of Android 4.0.3 is supported)

I'm able to install Adobe Flash player 11 on my Galaxy S2 running ICS version 4.0.3 however I can't open it or it won't open so in essance it's as if it's not installed.

Some websites I try to play video for example prompt an error message basically saying - Javascript must be enabled & Adobe Flash installed. Well my S2 came with Javascript enabled out of the box or maybe it's enabled due to my browser. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser installed from the Play Store. Also my S2 is only about two weeks old and came preinstalled with ICS 4.0.3 via my carrier Vodafone Australia. It's a stock unrooted phone.

I did a bit of google searching before posting as some people had trouble installing Adobe Flash if they were running ICS. Not me I was able to install direct from Play store but as I couldn't open Adobe & any website video that required would not play I unistalled & then installed to my S2 via my PC but it's the same issue it installs no problem but won't open so in essence won't play video from websites that require it. I installed & uninsatlled several times both via my S2 & S2 via my PC without any luck. I also rebooted my device but still no go. It's not a super major problem for the most part & flash seem's to be coming less common (plus I can use it on my PC & laptop) but there are still plenty of websites that require it & I should be able to use it on my smartphone.

Any suggestions on how to fix would be most welcome. I have tried a few ideas on the forum without any joy as for example it wont show what version of flash I have installed as it's like it only partly installs in that it installs but can't open so in essence it does not recognise I have flash at all.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Flash Player is not supported in the Google Chrome browser for Android. Have you tried the viewing the same websites/videos using the default browser on the Galaxy S2? Try that and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory

I have done as you suggested works perfectly on stock browser thanks.

By chance can you recommended good mobile/android browsers compatible with flash?

I really liked chrome but it does not work with flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The default browser is the only Android browser which supports the Flash Player.

Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an S2 running ICS 4.0.3 and switched my default browser back to the standard phone browser (From Chrome) and still cannot view a Vimeo post that I made on my FB page.  It still says my device does not support this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firefox and Dolphin browser both runs flash really well. You need to have flash installed on your galaxy first. If you need help installing flash to your galaxy, this might help: http://flashforthegalaxy.com/install-flash-galaxy-s/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines