• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE not opening acsm files

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I download ~ 10 books a week from the library using Digital Editions (epub format).  Things have gone smooth until yesterday.  When I click the download link online, ADE opens, but nothing happens (the book does not open in ADE).  Here is what I have done so far:

-Checked security settings to make sure ADE has full access

-Checked files to be sure they were not blocked

-Renamed restore file to restore.old

-Uninstalled ADE and Reinstalled it

-Tried from Internet Explorer and Firefox

-Tried from two different library sites to be sure it wasn't a problem on their end

-Tried to open files from download file on the computer, again-ADE opens, but does not open the book

What else can I try??

Thanks for the help!!

Carmel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answers, but having the same problem.  So frustrating!  Had a similar issue (download already in progress message, yet no books appearing) a few weeks ago and library resource suggested deleting cookies.  That worked for that problem.

The issue must stem from Overdrive or ADE as it happens on both my macbook and PC.  Like you, tried 2 different library sites.

Hoping there are some answers here as Adobe support offers the forums as the only option for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok after fighting this for many hours (I am a book junkie, my world would end if I couldn't read books)  and trying EVERYTHING I found...I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKED!   I downloaded the new Adobe Digitial Editions 1.8 preview and everything worked great!!  My books are downloaded, transferred to my nook, and I feel like I can get on with my day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link for 1.8 version:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/digitaleditions1-8.html

I hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, it was helpful for a little while!  I went to Apple's genius bar and they opened my ebook via 1.8.  But at home, doing the same thing, no go.  Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines