Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Is it possible to dynamically change page numbering

Level 1

I have a dynamic form that consists of a number of smaller forms.  What needs to happen is that certain forms need to be excluded from the regular page numbering and have their own page numbering.

To try and clarify, the formset is made up of forms 1,2,3,4,5, and each form is 2 pages for a total of ten pages in all.  I then need to have form 5 have its own page numbering separate from the other forms.  So this means that you would have page 1 of 8 and so on for the first 4 forms and then page 1 of 2 for the last form.

Even if it is possible to have new page counts for each smaller form in the larger form would be alright, I could figure it out from there.

I just need to know if it is possible.

Cheers,

Barry Graham

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you can use different master pages in your form, that use an idividual page count.

Here's a sample I made a while ago for a similar request.

https://acrobat.com/#d=gycVwNaN-FA6EvU3zS0Xdw

Level 1

This is exactly what I need but the link doesn't work for me.  I'm signed in.

Can you repost or send? howard at fillablepdfforms.com

thanks

Howard

Level 5

Radzmar,

Could you repost the link or send me a copy? I'll send you my email address. Thanks.

Level 1

I have not been able to post the file but the solution revolves around changing the code behind the two page numbering fields that are created on the Master Page in Designer.

In the Page field that exists in the Hierarchy for Master page A, place the following code:

this.rawValue

In the Pages fields that exists in the Hierarchy for Master page A, place the following code:

= A.index + 1;

this.rawValue 

= xfa.resolveNodes("A[*]").length;

For each section that you want to have a new page count you will need to create a new Master Page.  You will need to add the above code to each Master page for the page numbering.  You will substitute the letter "A" for the actual name of the Master page.  Now each time you switch to the new Master page it will create a new page numbering count for you.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Barry