• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using tag_edit and tag_delete

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on a webapp, kind of still learning the web app tag usage.

I need to list the items of the webapp and next to it have a check box to delete - and when they click on the web app item link it opens to let them edit it.

This is all being done in a secured area the site owner will login to add listings -

I cant find any docs on how to implement the edit and delete tags though - i see them just no specifics or examples -

Thanks in advance - hoping for a quick answer lol

Tom

TOPICS
Newbie Corner , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

You need to set the owner on the web app item in the admin to the person your logging in with.

Only one owner can be assigned to the web app item.

Under more options in the web app item you assign by going to "Submitted By"

If you have more then one staff they would have to share the same login to be able to edit all items, but then shared login -

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the site owner going there? They can just manage web app items in the admin.

The tag edit link is for the owner of that web app item (which you would need to set in the admIn) and in the list view it will have a hyperlink which links to the edit layout which has the form.

Delete will be the same and do exactly what it says on the tin.

But it seems your building a back end for the client of the site? When the admin is for them to do those things already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may have employees doing this - and they do not want them to have access to the "admin" area like I for example have. So I am building essentially an employee area where they can login - view add edit and delete the farm listings as needed.

On the SITE side ive got the web app built and displays on the website great,

http://romanfarm.businesscatalyst.com/sale.html

I built a secured area for them to login to where I want them to be able to do this. I am using the secondary (backup list view template) to list them out in short format - from there im kind of lost on how to add a check box and delete button to check which ones to delete. As well how to change the link in the list view (backup) to open the details inside the employee secured area to let them edit listings as needed -

Thanks
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edit and delte will only render when logged in. You essentially just output the web app list.
Delete wise it does not work like that, you just need to implement as those tags render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought i was LOL 🙂

On the backup list view ive got it like such:

<table>

<tbody>

<tr>

<td>{tag_delete}</td>

<td>{tag_name}</td>

<td>{tag_edit}</td>

<td>{tag_lastupdatedate}</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

I login into the secured area and it only outputs the name and lastupdatedate the other table areas are blank.. I even added a listing from inside the secured area and it worked and added it great to the web app...

not sure if im missing the boat or misunderstanding the hows of the proper use - ideally would be awesome to have it list the items one per line with an edit and delete button next to each item - im guessing the system isnt designed to be that logical though? lol 🙂

Thanks -
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set the owner on the web app item in the admin to the person your logging in with.

Only one owner can be assigned to the web app item.

Under more options in the web app item you assign by going to "Submitted By"

If you have more then one staff they would have to share the same login to be able to edit all items, but then shared login -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me for the editing part -

<a href="/CustomContentRetrieve.aspx?ID={tag_itemid}&A=Edit">Edit</a> - I added this to the list view at the end of the tag calls i want and it works great. Opens up the item and allows editing 🙂

Now I can figure out the same for delete as well...

And yes I AM and DID set the owner on the web app items but i still do not get the edit or delete rendered for me in the secured area like I thought it would... Yes I assigned that as you mention - I think or guess i was/am putting the tag in the wrong spot, its in the backup view but doesnt show up at all - 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the thing i posted kind of works.. seems kind of flaky after testing a few rounds -

I just dont get what im doing wrong for the tags to not be working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more then one implementation with those, in a securezone in a list layout and works perfectly.They render when owner logs in and its all good so I am not sure what your issue is and why your doing these extra bits Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i set up the edit and delete per BC guru's website on altnerative ways but the delete function does not delete it from the db - made sure the ID's and who I was logging in as was all matched up - grrrr - lol 🙂 tomorrows another day - my brain hurts hehe

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im going to check some things have someone else login make sure it isnt my pc causing the issue - also will check another browser - i use chrome but havent tried it yet in others - Im not sure what is up either, I know the secure zone is setup right and the webapp params, etc - im pretty confident on those basic aspects...  when i login the name is echoing correcting

Thanks man for your help -

Will look at it when im fresh in morning -
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a "is this doable" question for someone - 🙂

I am setting this up for three sections - For Sale, For Rent and SOLD

Should I put each into its own web app - and what would be the recommended or easiest way to let the client move from ForSale to SOLD -

I was thinking the easiest way would be to have just ONE Webapp and a drop down to let them select where it goes when they are adding one - then maybe use categories to segment them?   Sound reasonable

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured this out - was way overthinking it LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got this all working 100% - Thanks again for your input Liam - 🙂 As always!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines