• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera tracker error!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d Camer tracker: Layer size must match composition and use default transform values.

Okay, this sounds simple, but i cant get it to work!!!!!!!!!!!

I create a new comp, and use 1366x745, wich i think was what i recorded and then resized it to in Camtasia.  I then just drag 3d camera tracker onto it, an then POP goes the error!

What do i do?

btw, i have cs6

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Make it easy on yourself, drag your clip down and drop it on the "Create" icon. It will generate a sequence with the EXACT specs of your clip. Then try tracking again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make it easy on yourself, drag your clip down and drop it on the "Create" icon. It will generate a sequence with the EXACT specs of your clip. Then try tracking again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGgg, it worked, but it didnt track the railing that i wanted.  All it tracks now is the background, and it looks dimented cus i want the subject to be on the railing, bu t it loks like they are connected to the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to the clip so we know what the heck you are referring to 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i just rotoscoped the railing out and rendered and then tracked the new one, and it says analysis failed.  i think that there is not enough points...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3D camera tracker is unpredictable. It tends to work best if the video is fairly sharp with clearly defined areas which represent movement of the environment. It seems to need this to calculate parallax and the camera field of view. If you have objects or people moving in the footage, it can through the camera tracker off. Experiment with the various settings on a small section of the video clip. Once you have settings that work, expand the time range you want to track and re-try it.

I have gotten very mixed results, and find that its simple controls and interface may limit some of its power. When it works, it usually works very well. When it doesn't, the results are useless. Keep trying and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking of just rotoscoping the railing out and then motion tracking only the railing and add the person, then overlay it on the original footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do if I render it into after effects from premiere? Having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude...you ROCK! I read a bunch of replies but nbo one pulled this out but you. Bravo my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What lasvideo said. Simply drag&drop the footage onto the new comp icon at the bottom of the project window. Assuming your footage interpretation was correct, the comp will inherit the settings correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the image and selectfit to composition. that should remedy the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jajajaj just simple!, thanks trumpo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated Trump!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I get it to work when working in premiere pro and doing "replace with after effects comp"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your footage scaled in Premiere Pro? What are the layer properties like in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background of problem.

Hi all,

Just recently started to enjoy the camera tracking and motion tracking features in AE, and it seems pretty simple to do. However I have some drone footage shot in 4K that I dropped into PP timeline that was 1080 sequence, it all is fine in PP, but when I replace with AE comp through dynamic link im not able to see all the image, so scale back to 50% in AE bit then get the error about layer

matching.

Successful solutions :

My first attempts where in native 4K both PP  and AE

this seemed to work fine, but as it takes soooo long to render, so I created a 1080 PP and then tried to replace with AE doing camera tracker and have the problem.

Questions :

So do I transcode the footage to 1080 first?

Will moving the camera create what i need in relation to seeing more image?

Dont really want to render out to 4k when no one will watch it on that and the majority of other footage is all 1080, in the PP project.

Thoughts ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the 4K to HD1080 prior to tracking. You already know this will improve productivity - so, just do it.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laziness on the Adobe engineers part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines