• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to build search functionality

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have a search functionality for the searching the order details. we have around 5 lacs+ orders and its taking so much time to get the details. we have indexed the DB fields but still too slow.

Now i am looking to buikd the search functionality with the verity, so i am checking how much helpful is this as everyday we get new orders and rerunning the query will take so much time.

when building the indexes for the first do i need to get all the records from the DB, if that is the case it will take so much time in the production and may impact to the production DB server.

can any one suggest best solution.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider moving old data to another table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use very large collections with SOLR, and the intiial index should not be too bad.  We have collections with 500k records, and it takes ~5-10 minutes to index (CF runs this in the background and it does not use JRUN.exe to perform this task)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation