Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFile Write problems

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks -

I was wondering if anybody has come across this problem where CFFile just doesn't want to work. I am not receiving any errors within either the CF logs or the system logs. CF is set up as a local system account and has full control permissions .

Everytime I try it, the page is processed and displays the info I want to save, but the CFFile code does not execute.

I know the web page is working because I have a NOW() on the page to let me know that everything is working and is executing everytime.

Here's the line of code:

<cffile action="WRITE" destination="E:\Inetpub\development\intranetapps\doug\test" file="news.txt" output="news_output1">

I have tried: output="news_output1" or output="#news_output1#"
destination="E:\Inetpub\development\intranetapps\doug\test" or destination="E:\Inetpub\development\intranetapps\doug\test\"

And nothing seems to work.

I have worked with CFFILE in the past but never to the extent of these problems.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006
Hi Folks -

I solved this on my own... sometimes it's good to RTFM....

Here's the solution:

<cffile action="WRITE" file="E:\Inetpub\development\intranetapps\doug\test\news.txt" output="#news_output1#">

The attribute DESTINATION is not needed... The FILE attribute must be fully qualifies. And the OUTPUT attribute must have ## for a variable reference.

Thanks,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Folks -

I solved this on my own... sometimes it's good to RTFM....

Here's the solution:

<cffile action="WRITE" file="E:\Inetpub\development\intranetapps\doug\test\news.txt" output="#news_output1#">

The attribute DESTINATION is not needed... The FILE attribute must be fully qualifies. And the OUTPUT attribute must have ## for a variable reference.

Thanks,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation