9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 5:20 PM by Zac Lam RSS

VUYA

U ch Community Member

Thank you for having you replay.

I'm going to make AE Plug-In to work on Premiere pro.

I find at the SDK_Noise sample(AE SDK sample), I renewed a part of the "Render" function as follows

and carried it out.

but,

in the case of "src ①", noise_param.u.ld.data is "ARGB" format,

in the case of "src ②", noise_param.u.ld.data is "VUYA" format.

why are formats different "src ①" and "src ②" ?

static PF_Err

Render (

PF_InData                    *in_dataP,

PF_OutData                    *out_data,

PF_ParamDef                    *params[],

PF_LayerDef                    *output )

{

・・・

else if (destinationPixelFormat == PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_8u)

{

PF_ParamDef noise_param;

AEFX_CLR_STRUCT(noise_param);

ERR(PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM(  in_dataP,

in_dataP->current_time,

in_dataP->time_step,

in_dataP->time_scale,

&noise_param));

ERR(suites.Iterate8Suite1()->iterate( in_dataP,

0,                                      

linesL,                               

&noise_param.u.ld,                             // src ①

//&params[NOISE_INPUT]->u.ld,         // src ②

NULL,                                

(void*)&niP,                       

FilterImageVUYA_8u,        

output));

ERR(PF_CHECKIN_PARAM(in_dataP, &noise_param));

・・・

}

• 1. Re: VUYA
          Rallymax-forum Community Member

it is all dependant on the source footage format.

• 2. Re: VUYA
            U ch Community Member

>it is all dependant on the source footage format.

It cannot be understood.

What do you mean?

Will I understand that this phenomenon is right if I confirm what?

• 3. Re: VUYA
              Rallymax-forum Community Member

Source files are different:

eg:     DV, MPEG2, MPEG4 is compressed YUV420 -> Converted in Importer to YUVA4444 -> PrPixelFormat_YUVA_4444_8u

MotionJPEG is compressed RGB -> Converted in Importer to BGRA4444 -> PrPixelFormat_BGRA_4444_8u

Apple ProRes 10bit YUV422 -> PrPixelFormat_YUVA_4444_32f

In your plugin register supported PrPixelFormat_* of what you can process.

eg: If you only process PrPixelFormat_YUVA_4444_32f register only that PrPixelFormat.

version<CS5.0 you MUST support PrPixelFormat_BGRA_8u

version>CS6.0 Premiere Pro will convert to your format.

I recommend you make your plugin using PrPixelFormat_YUVA_4444_32f only.

• 4. Re: VUYA
                U ch Community Member

I use version CS5.5.

I supported PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_32f in "PF_Cmd_GLOBAL_SETUP".

****************************************************************************************** **************

(*pixelFormatSuite->AddSupportedPixelFormat)(in_dataP->effect_ref, PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_32f);

****************************************************************************************** **************

Therefore, I was able to acquire a format of "PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_32f" by using GetPixelFormat function in the "Render" function.

However,  In the Render function,

A feild of current time("???.u.Id.data") whitch I acquired using PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM function is different from params[0]->u.ld.data.

Why do two data not accord?

[ Two data comparisons (visual studio 2008)]

dif.png

• 5. Re: VUYA
                  Zac Lam Employee Hosts

Hi U ch,

Have you confirmed that the pixel formats of the two buffers are different using pixelFormatSuite->GetPixelFormat()?

Thanks,

Zac

• 6. Re: VUYA
                    U ch Community Member

Hi Zac,

> Have you confirmed that the pixel formats of the two buffers are different using pixelFormatSuite->GetPixelFormat()?

Yes.

「 params[0]->u.ld.data 」 is "PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_32f",

「 "???.u.Id.data" 」 is "PrPixelFormat_ARGB_4444_8u".

#  「 "???.u.Id.data" 」is A feild of current time whitch I acquired using PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM function.

I have to get at the data that has been formatted to "PrPixelFormat_VUYA_4444_32f"

to the pixel format of a feild whitch I acquired using PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM is, How do I?

Thanks.

u ch

• 7. Re: VUYA
                      Zac Lam Employee Hosts

Ah yes, so in CS5.5 and earlier, frames retrieved from Premiere Pro using PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM() are always 8-bit ARGB.

New in CS6,  you can optionally specify that PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM() should pass back frames in the same pixel format being requested by the current render.  In the AE CS6 SDK, in PrSDKAESupport.h, PF_UtilitySuite4 contains EffectWantsCheckedOutFramesToMatchRenderPixelFormat().  Your effect should make this call during PF_Cmd_GLOBAL_SETUP, which is the same selector where an effect would already advertise support beyond 8-bit RGB using AddSupportedPixelFormat().  After making that call, the two frames in your example above will be VUYA_32f.

Cheers,

Zac

• 8. Re: VUYA
                        U ch Community Member

> Ah yes, so in CS5.5 and earlier, frames retrieved from Premiere Pro using PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM()

> are always 8-bit ARGB.

I understand.

Can you convert it from ARGB to VUYA (from VUYA to ARGB)?

I want to do Next.

1. I convert from ARGB to VUYA.

2. I apply special effect for VUYA.

3. I convert from VUYA to ARGB.

4. I copy ARGB to "output".

Please teach a method to convert.

• 9. Re: VUYA
                          Zac Lam Employee Hosts

The PPro SDK has some sample code for you to start with.  See the ConvertFromBGRA32fToVUYA32f() in SDK_File.cpp.  You'll need to modify this to handle ARGB rather than BGRA_32f.  And you'll need to do the reverse function to get back to ARGB.