Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying Breadcrumbs on the Left

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 9, and am trying to display the breadcrumbs on the lefthand side of my topic. However, whichever option I choose for the breadcrumbs in the "Breadcrumb Options" window, they are always displayed on the right. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presuming you're doing this through the SSL recipe for output, right? In that Breadcrumb Options screen you can choose to have them displayed on the top or bottom, left, right or center of the page, and set the style of separators and appearance of the breadcrumbs. That should work - if it's not, then you may be doing breadcrumbs via the Master Page associated with your topics. If so, it's rules negate the ones on the SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

We have a new release, and this is has become an issue again...

Yes, I am doing this when generating an SSL. The options are set for Top and Left, but the breadcrumbs always appear on the right (or center if I chose Center).

Thanks,

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test in a new project with no master page. I just did and the breadcrumbs align to the left correctly.

Are you using a master page in your project and have you looked at that to see if it has any breadcrumbs defined. Jeff is suggesting that if you have, there will be a conflict.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The master page has the breadcrumbs defined on the left.

I tested it in a new project without a master page, and they are still on the right. (In the preview pane they appear on the left.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Breadcrumbs do not appear in the preview pane unless they have been defined in a master page. Check the topic properties and I think you will find the topic is linked to a master page.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp