Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multiple line input field starts at the top one very page

Level 2

So this is driving me up the wall.  I have a form which has a multiple line input field and for some reason the data is getting thrown up to the top on every new page the field flows over to.  Oddly though, the field itself seems to be sized correctly.  I feel like i've validated everything that can possibly be done.

- Made sure every subform is flowed & allows page breaks

- Field allows page breaks and is multiple lines

- Loading data from XML dynamically and form is dynamic

Oddly enough, I copied the entire page into a new form and the paging seems right.  So now I'm comparing the XML source trying to find the root of the problem.  Any thoughts?

Don't see a way to attach forms here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The error occurs because you try to load a string into the integer value of the checkbox located under Body.T_ELEMENTS.DATA.T_COL_CELL.DATA.T_FIELD.DATA.checkBox.

Select this check box and remove its data binding.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 10

You can use a file sharing service such as Acrobat.com and post a link her to allow us to download your form.

Level 10

Sorry, but I don't have permissions to access that folder.

Level 10

Hi,

the form has been save as static form not as dynamic.

Level 2

I did see this and changed the XML in ES2 9.0 since the field is disabled.  Also changed it in 8.1 (which lets me change it) and it still doesn't work.  You were able to change it and see it working?

Level 2

As an FYI this is what added on 9.0 to the XML Source.

<?templateDesigner DefaultPreviewDynamic 1?>

Level 10

You cannot edit the template in this way.

To make the form dynamic, just goto File > Save As... and select "Dynamic XML-form" as type.

What field you have the problem with exactly? Is it "VALUE_STRING"?

For me its page breaks are correctly.

https://acrobat.com/#d=FEHi95iMT7t7-RBbXXTtAQ

Level 2

Great! Wow, I can't believe i didn't know that in had to be saved that way.  But we learn something new every day... thanks so much!!!

I did have another question relating to another error I am getting ( I believe around special characters ).  Can I post it here or should I create a new forum post?

Level 2

So in that same form, once it's set to dynamic and you bring it up.  Scrolling down yields a ton huge errors that take up the whole screen, they are shown in alert boxes and read "Invalid Value <content of fields>".

The contents of these fields are loaded with special characters which users are copy pasting in here and I really have no control over that.  Alot of thoughts here, like do I need to embed fonts, install some updates to the readers, etc.?  Most importantly though is not showing these errors.  I expect you see them on your screen after you saved the form to being dynamic? (I saw these when i copy pasted the form into a new one and now again after following your suggestion above).

Correct answer by
Level 10

The error occurs because you try to load a string into the integer value of the checkbox located under Body.T_ELEMENTS.DATA.T_COL_CELL.DATA.T_FIELD.DATA.checkBox.

Select this check box and remove its data binding.

Level 2

YIKES! Ok, so aparently changing from static to dynamic breaks all the scripting that's on this form.  It's all written in form calc unfortunately which I can't really debug; so do you have any thoughts as to why this would be the case? Does Form Calc not play nice w/ Dynamic forms?