Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receive error when attempting to open Captivate 6 files

Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 64 bit Captivate 6 on Windows 7 - 64 bit OS. Receive error below when opening captivate file. Have run the compatiblity and stated that issue was resolved but receive error everytime when attempting to open file. Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Captivate error box.png

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

That's not an error. It's an advisory/warning. As long as you have configured your shortcut to open in Administrative mode, you may enable the "don't show this again" and poof! It won't appear any longer. (Assuming you are running on Vista or Windows 7. I don't believe it applies if you are using Windows XP)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Ok, so I have taken it a bit further and I hit OK. Now I am receiving the error below and it is not open anywhere else. I am opening the file directly form the desktop, not a network drive or thumbdrive. Captivate no open.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Yep, this one certainly appears to be a valid error.

Can you show us the dialog where you are seeing the file name you are trying to open? Perhaps it has to do with the existing location of the file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Can you please tell me if you created this project in Cp 6 or on the previous version, can you try and open any other project. If this one is correputed then you probably try and recover it. Please check this blog and do not clear the Cache and just follow the instructions.

Here is the blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/09/recovering-the-project.html

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources