• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link web app item to different URL other than detail page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is probably a bit of a stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere.  On my site, I have projects set up as web apps--I want the customer to be able to click on the title or image for the web app and for it to link to a PDF or blog page, NOT the detail view.

So I want the app title and image to link to a different URL, not detail view.

Here's the page in question, if that helps: http://sherrihaab.businesscatalyst.com/projects

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

{tag_name_nolink} - Will make the title with no link wrapped around it

{tag_yourimagefield_value} - Will give you the raw source of the file location

You can then form your own image html and links wrapping this and the web app item name text.

To form the link source to go to - create a text custom field and just type or copy and paste a url into that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{tag_name_nolink} - Will make the title with no link wrapped around it

{tag_yourimagefield_value} - Will give you the raw source of the file location

You can then form your own image html and links wrapping this and the web app item name text.

To form the link source to go to - create a text custom field and just type or copy and paste a url into that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Liam!

Is there any problem with using {tag_yourimagefield} instead of {tag_yourimagefield_value} in this instance?  This is my code and everything seems to be working properly:

<div class="project-image"><a href="{tag_project link}" target="_blank">{tag_project image_nolink}</a></div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wil need to do the no link if you want. I just lik e_value because then you can add a proper alt or class if you need it etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, I am trying to do something similar and tried using {tag_inactionimage_value}, but when the link is clicked instead of opening the lightbox it goes to page lelekawa.net/{tag_inactionimage_value}.  Do you know a way around that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The _value or _nolink is for an image to have the image source be just an image with no link wraped around it or to get thr raw image value.

It is not the link itself and will not link to anything.
rlewis51wanted either the detail view of the web app item or a custom link and that custom link is a custom text field as outlined in the code examples above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines