Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe TV not working

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've "signed in".  Tried to play any of the lastest "Subscriber Beta" videos and none of them work.  Actually NO videos work on this page at all!

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/publishing-export-and-ftp-option-improvements/

I've tried this with Firefox, Safari, Chrome.  All are the latest versions on Mac Snow Leopard.  Everything else works - youtube, flash , quicktime.

Shut down computer, tried this same story over a number of days - looking for any answers???

Regards

Ron O. Vermeulen

Gimli, Maniotba

Canada.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

I got it to work by going to the Flash Player settings site > Global Storage Settings panel at:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

And then checking: Allow third-party Flash Content to store data on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

I've moved your topic to the Flash Player forum. The videos play fine for me on multiple machines. Perhaps someone here may be able to help.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, just upgraded to Lion Mountain, and now I can no longer play any of the tv.adobe.com videos, and what sikens me is that there is no error reporting /or like update this or that,... is this an apple or Adobe issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do either of you have problems with any other video sites?  I gave this a try on Lion but the video played fine for me with Safari and Chrome.  What types of machines do you have?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my system to the latest version of Lion (10.08) and all my other frequent TV sites and video sites are working and even when I create a web based video using flash, I can preview them in all my browsers, but the adobe TV is showing nothing but a black screen, and there is no warning or error message asking me to update anything? I have tried all browsers, chrome, opera, safari and firefox.

I just installed the latest version of Flash (11,3,300,271 installed) and still nothing, what is crazy is that I am able to product introduction videos (on adobe.com), but not the videos on adobe TV?

What seems to be the issue here? Never experienced this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird.  What part of the world are you in?  Maybe this is geo related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am located in Germany, today I tried playing a video on the adobe TV on an old mac, works, so guess this only with Lion, prior to my update, everything worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. no video. latest flash-player is installed. mac os x 10.7.4 with safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Massachusetts.  OS 10.6.8.

But this started just after installing Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.

Only other clues might be that I had to uninstall Flash Builder from CS5 before installing it again in CS6.

I have also just downloaded & installed the latest Flash Player…

Still get just a black screen in both Safari & Firefox.

I don't think it is geo related!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black screen in all browsers for adobetv after lion update. San Diego. osx 10.7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd...  I still can't reproduce this.  Has everyone tried clearing their browser and Flash cache?

How do I clear my Flash Player cache and settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared and followed any advice, what is very odd is that I can play other video on adobe's site, but just not the adobe TV part, so quite not sure what is really the issue,... maybe you guys need to check whatever might be wrong with the adobe TV. I have tried all brosers available on my mac, and still get the same result, an empty black screen with no error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work by going to the Flash Player settings site > Global Storage Settings panel at:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

And then checking: Allow third-party Flash Content to store data on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks atarvin. I found the Flash video player wasn't loading on Adobe TV pages, even though YouTube/Vimeo/etc worked fine.

As soon as I changed Flash Player settings to 'allow third-party Flash content' and restarted the browser, the vids work again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems here in Tasmania using the Apple Safari. The Answer is to go to the "Systems Preferences" on your Mac and click on the "Flash Player" icon, then click on the "Storage" option. (I have Block all sites from storing information on this computer - but you can still keep this setting and select just the site you want suchas the adobe.tv).

Just click on the Local Storage Settings by Site... button. You can then add the http://tv.adobe.com website URL and "allow" Storage Access. All the videos now work on my OS X 10.6.8 Macbook Pro. (And what a great reference tool for the Adobe apps they are).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This worked for me.  I found this solution while I was "talking" to an Adobe "Chat" representative.  The rep was trying to tell me to re-install Flash Player, when all I needed was to set the storage settings, as outlined by Klause25 on March 12, 2013. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliiant!!!~  Tank You, ThaNK YOU, up this point Adobe have been my least favourite flavour.  Your post has solved my problem.

I now look forward to an exciting future with CS6

Much Gratitude from a very grateful Aussie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines