• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash plugin under linux KDE

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed latest flash player plugin using tar.gz archive and just checked it via youtube.

Now i see that "global settings" menu now available (wasn't available before) but click returns

with message "library kcm_adobe_flash_player wasn't found" from kde shell. As i see in

/usr/share/kde4/services/kcm_adobe_flash_player.desktop

Exec=kcmshell4 kcm_adobe_flash_player

while kcm_adobe_flash_player not includded. So, where can i grub kcm_adobe_flash_player?

Other question: what means line

NotShowIn=KDE;

in

/usr/share/applications/flash-player-properties.desktop?

Is it smth unavailable in KDE?

--------------------

browser: 14.0.1 firefox

adobe plugin: 11,2,202,238

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just tried on a fresh Fedora 17 KDE install and it worked fine. 

did you make sure to uninstall all previous versions of Flash Player?  when you grabbed the tar.gz file how did you install it?  i followed the readme so i basically did the following:

1. extracted the contents of tar.gz
  2. copied the libflashplayer.so binary to ~/.mozilla/plugins
    $: cp libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/.
  3. copied(as root) the contents of usr to /usr
    #: cp -r usr/* /usr

i then launched firefox and right click on some flash content and selected "global settings..."  the native control panel launched as expected.

please try the steps above.

side note:  i just now realize you are on x86_64.  is your firefox 64-bit also?  is the flash player binary also 64-bit?  try the steps above while i setup a similar environment as yours.  thanks... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i'm up and running on kubuntu 64-bit and i see the issue.  there are 2 things i think we need to do to resolve it.

1. symlink the lib64 binary to the lib directory.  assuming you copied the files to /usr in my first response.  as root execute the command in a konsole/terminal window

ln -s /usr/lib64/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so /usr/lib/kde/.

2. install the libkutils4 package.  as root execute the command in a konsole/terminal window

apt-get install libkutils4

after those 2 things, the native control panel launch without errors.  hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should be

ln -s /usr/lib64/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so /usr/lib/kde4/

and the dot is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines