Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using RoboHelp 8 style sheet with RoboHelp 9

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy. My issue:

I was using RoboHelp 8 at work to craft a web help document out of a Word file. We have a company CSS we apply to web help for look, feel, etc. It worked in RoboHelp 8, but not in 9 despite following the same Word Import procedure. Needed to upgrade to RH9 because RH8 was not recognizing our version of Word to compile and create the web help files.

How can I make my old style sheet work with RH9? Is there some step I'm missing? Help appreciated with 20.1 bazillion thank yous in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

I fixed the issue. I dug through the master page file I was using, and it was referring to the wrong CSS file. Why this worked in RH8 is beyond me, but it seems to be resolved.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First we need to know what type of string you are using and obtain an exact measurement.

I'm joking, of course, but the fact here is, we need more information. Things like:

You said "...despite following the same Word Import procedure.". What are the exact steps in said procedure, please?

Note that it's a simple process to ignore any style sheet during the Word import, then later import just the company CSS file and associate it with your topics. All of that can be done in perhaps 30 seconds or so.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Have you applied all the patches of RoboHelp 9, Please apply both the patches avilable and then it should work properly.

in case of any issue still shown, please look at the style name in the CSS you are using and the HTML generated in the topic, in extream case you might have to update the style names in CSS with a prefix "WD_" and its should get applied prpperly after that change.

Hope this will help

Regards

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both of you for the responses, and sorry it took me so long to come back.

Captiv8r: the CSS was actually imported before importing the Word file, via File > Project Settings > Import. I've also tried applying it to topics directly with no luck. The same CSS file still works in RoboHelp 8.

RoboAsh: I've updated to the latest version and tried again: no luck. I've also manually updated the style names in the CSS file with the prefix WD_ and that, too, didn't work.

Please advise, with even more thanks than the 20.1 bazillion from before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Importing / Linking Word documents on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply again.

Peter: I'm afraid I didn't find a document that helps me with my issues. Can you link me to the specific one, if available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the issue. I dug through the master page file I was using, and it was referring to the wrong CSS file. Why this worked in RH8 is beyond me, but it seems to be resolved.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp