Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 SCORM 2004 Missing Ability to Choose How Score is Reported

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just discovered that when I enable a course in Captivate 6 to report as SCORM 2004, that my option to choose to report the quiz score to my LMS as a percentage or as a score is taken away from me. I still have the option if I choose SCORM 1.2, but I'd prefer to use SCORM 2004 over 1.2.

See the screen shots below. The top image is from a Mac (that shouldn't make a diference, right?) but when I change it to SCORM 1.2, the Quiz Score option appears. The bottom image is from a PC.

Is there a workaround for this? Or a patch? Or plan to fix this in a later release?

Captivate 6 without Quiz Score options.png

Captivate 6 with Quiz Score options.png

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately they removed this feature in Captivate 6 per design in order to adhere to SCORM specs.

I highligted this problem as well earlier, but apparently the SCORM 2004 spec states that both cmi.score.raw and cmi.score.scaled should be supported by an SCORM 2004 compatible LMS. In Captivate 6 then using SCORM 2004 Captivate will send both cmi.score.raw and cmi.score.scaled and it's then up to the LMS to choose which one to use.

Unfortunately SCORM specs are read, interpretated and implemented in many different ways by different LMS vendors so it's not certain that your particular LMS support this.

The LMS that we use in my company does not support it so we can't use SCORM reporting from Captivate 6 at all.

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

www.cpguru.com,

Thank you so much for responding. That is a bummer. Supposedly my LMS (NetDimensions Enterprise Knowledge Platform - now known as Talent Suite) is SCORM 2004 compliant. I'll have to talk to them to see how it get it to choose the scaled score over the raw.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources