Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase CFFile size limit

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I need to be able to upload large file to a server for a project involving digital imaging. The files are between 125mb and 250mb. We are not allowed to have FTP access to the server so, even though it is not as efficient I need to use CFFILE to upload them.

The problem I have is that I can upload a file that is 99.99MB, but if I go to 100MB it fails and gives me a message that the site connection failed. I read in the CFMX 6.1 livedocs that "file upload sizes are configurable through config files", but there is no mention anywhere how to do it.

Does anyone know how to increase the max file size for CFFILE uploads. I am running ColdFusion MX 7.0.2 on a Linux Box.

Thanks,
George
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used cffile to upload but I was having issues getting it to write large files to disk. I fixed it by usng java to write the file to disk. You may want to use an input tag with file type to upload the file and then use http://www.burnette.us/blog/index.cfm/2006/1/30/Using-Java-Instead-of-cffile-to-Write-to-Disk to write to disk.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tidbit. I can actually use that for another part of the project.

Unfortunately the file is not even getting into memory for the system to be able to write a java stream. Above 100mb the upload process is instantly stopped. Nothing makes it to the server.

-George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that Apache is limiting your upload size?

See the LimitRequestBody directive (Apache 2.2)
or LimitRequestBody (Apache 1.3)

-tom-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2006 Nov 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: TomD_2
Could it be that Apache is limiting your upload size?

See the LimitRequestBody directive (Apache 2.2)
or LimitRequestBody (Apache 1.3)

-tom-

I checked the Apache Config (Apache 2) and it is set to the 2GB max.

I just tried adjusting the JVM Heap amounts last night. I increased the Max Heap to 1024m from the default 512m and the -XX:MaxPermSize to 512m.

From the few posts I have found on the web these are supposed to be the biggest factor, but they had no effect.

-George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2006 Nov 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The cffile upload really doesn't have anything to do with the upload it just saves the uploaded file for you. So have you commented out cffile to see if the file is uploaded to the server? This would let you know if the problem is in the form-file-webserver or if the issue is in the coldfusion-cffile-save.

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation