9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 7:11 PM by Gang_Z RSS

PS don't "check-in" on my mac

jmlg12 Community Member

Hi,

I'm using CQ5.5 DAM, and PS6 Extended.

For any reason, on a Mac running Lion, I can't check in files opened with Bridge and stored in CQ-DAM mounted with Adobe Drive 4...

It works well with Illustrator, but for Photoshop I have to manually Check-out/in files in Bridge.

On a PC it works...Is it only a Mac issue ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
          Steve Werner ACP/MVPs

I've forwarded your question to the Adobe Drive forum.

• 2. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
            Gang_Z Community Member

Hi,

The behavior is not expected, we have done many testing work for PS with Adobe Drive 4 on Mac 10.7.

To figure out what happened on your machine, could you help do the following steps?

1) Summarize the OS version and PS build you installed

2) Attach the ServiceManager log under /<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AD4ServiceManager/logs

3) open a shell terminal, and export AdobeDriveLogLevel=DEBUG, then launch PS using the command line: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS6, then attach the log unser  /<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Drive 4/logs

• 3. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
              jmlg12 Community Member

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but how do I perrform the first step ?

I get this information from Photoshop (Help/sys Info)

Version Adobe Photoshop : 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64

Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 10.7.4

Architecture système : UC Intel Famille :6, modèle :42, niveau :7 avec MMX, SSE Entier, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2

Nombre de processeurs physiques : 4

Vitesse du processeur : 2500 MHz

Mémoire intégrée : 4096 Mo

For the other Steps, I'm not sure to understand exactly what you mean by "Attach the Service Manager log...."

Can you explain to me more precisely what I am supposed to do?

Many thanks

• 4. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                Gang_Z Community Member

Ok, I mean , please collect the log files just mentioned and post them here, thanks

Meanwhile, from the system information, you are running PS on a non-English platform, what's the system language?

• 5. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                  jmlg12 Community Member

I'm French so most often I use my system in French, but curently, the mac is running Lion in English, and PS in French ...

Could it be an issue ?

Do I have to try running Lion in French too ?

• 6. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                    jmlg12 Community Member

In another hand, I'm running a PC with win7 in french and a PS in english and all is running as expected.

To give you more information, I have to say that the mac is running the CQ5.5 instance of the DAM server...is it a problem ?

• 7. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                      Gang_Z Community Member

Ok, I think it is unnecessary to run Lion in French.

Could you please collect the log files just I mentioned, zip them and post here?

Meanwhile, in PS, what file status did you get? "unmanaged files", "new file" or "checked-out by me"?

I think this problem has nothing to do with running the CQ 5.5 instance locally, it's not a problem

• 8. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                        jmlg12 Community Member

Hi,

Ok, how can I upload a zip file ? I see links to upload photos, videos, or links, but can't find how to upload a "regular binary file"...

Is there any hidden option ?

to answer to the last question of precedent post, Photoshop seems acting as supposed with file status..eg,

"up to date" if opened without no change, "checked-out by me" if opened from the dam and modified...

• 9. Re: PS don't "check-in" on my mac
                          Gang_Z Community Member

ok, please send the zip file to me by mail to this addrees (gzheng@adobe.com).

Meanwhile, could you help re-try the scenario on you machine, this time, please open /Application/Utilities/Console.app before you are ready to check in files in PS, after check-in menu is clicked,  make sure "All Messages" in the left pane in Console is selected, and choose File/Save a Copy As from the main menu of Console application, please also send me this copy file to me by mail

Thanks

Gang