8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 10:40 AM by unegomme RSS

Text color over transparent graphics and in on-screen display of PDFs 'printed' from InDesign

Hello, All!

I'm new here and am having trouble with color in InDesign CS3.  The attached collage of screenshots explains both parts of the problem:  putting a graphic under type prevents me from having the purple type I want—and, when I make a PDF from that InDesign document, all the right purple (even the stuff with no graphics beneath it) is converted to the wrong purple.  (Ignore the statement about zoom factors; it was explanation for a friend.)  It seems almost incredible that there's no way to avoid this problem, but my searches for the solution have been fruitless so far.  (I'm admittedly a novice in some aspects of InDesign.)

Public 2012-08-15 c1530EDT.png

Although I may eventually print the document on actual paper, with just an inkjet printer, I'm not quite as concerned about the color there.  Just having the proper purple in the on-screen display of a PDF would be quite an improvement over the present roadblock.

Thanks to anyone who can help:  you surely know more than I about such things.