• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting contents in livestream folder

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently upgraded to FMS 4.5.  One annonyance I've been exeriencing is having to delete all contents in c:\program files\adobe\flash media server 4.5\applications\livepkgr\streams\_definst_\livestream folder.

Everytime my live source video feed either stops or changes sources, playback never recovers.  I have to stop the FMS Services, delete the contents in the livestream folder, and start the FMS service for the live stream to come back up on a site.

is there anyone exeriencing this?  Is there a way to remedy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either modify the livepkgr application to record in "record" mode rather than "append" or

If you anticipate having to stop and restart the live stream, enter the following value in the Stream field instead:

livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-record-mode=record

By default adbe-record-mode is equal to "append"

Hope it helps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I followed the adbe-record-mode=record solution and it appears to be working.  How do I modify the livepkgr application, I'd like to try that, because I had to add the additional lines of code to each stream field.  It would be easier on a global level.  Also what's the difference between the two modes?  Can you give an example as to why one would want to continue to use the default mode of append?  Record mode seems to be the way to go for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found documentation regarding configuring the apllication.xml http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd609a95b3f112a373a7115-7fff.html  But I don't see anywhere that where I can adjust the record mode.  I see the record block but nothing about record mode.  Whats the proper syntax and where does it get inserted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines