25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 5:01 PM by chris.campbell RSS

Trying to install latest version of Flash for Firefox on WinXP, get Internet Explorer Script Error

dwc1964 Community Member

I'm trying to install the latest version of Flash (filename install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe), browser = Firefox 14 (current), OS = Windows XP.  I've tried multiple times, making sure to disable Norton Antivirus Autoprotect first.

At some point along the process - either during download or during installation - I get the following error message:

Internet Explorer Script Error

Line: 1

Char: 10010

Error: 'ActionLaunchAdobe' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: http://127.0.0.1:1174/app/_js/adobe.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? [yes] [no]

Whether I answer [yes] or [no] the result is the same - the program hangs. It does not close, and when I close it manually it asks if I really want to stop it. But if I leave it there, nothing happens.

Per advice of the website, I uninstalled Flash in order to start over fresh. What that means is that, instead of having an outdated version of Flash, I now have none.

I've tried to RTFM but searches for this error come up empty.  I'm curious why Internet Explorer is being involved in this to begin with. But mostly, I'm just curious how to get this thing to work.

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Dave